Feel a bit silly, but has anyone thought of how they will announce that they're PG?

kintenda

Reaction score
I know it's super premature, but I wondered if anyone else had thought of how they will announce their pregnancy when it finally happens?
(A girl's gotta have something to think about when WTT!)
I think I'm gonna tell OH by being all cheesy & buying him a little '#1 dad' item or something :p
I'll have to tell my parents (& therefore his!!) fairly quickly due to my unique surname & other midwives twigging & letting onto my mum before I do, but doesn't mean we can't have fun with it! So scan piccies etc are ruled out... any ideas?

We bought an item of clothing and took it out the bag and smiled... and then for the other part of the family left a baby names book laying around :)

Next time I wont tell ANYONE til 12 week scan as Id love to show the scan picture (which I know you've already ruled out) unless u had an early private scan?? then you could get that at say 8 weeks so it wouldnt be too long to wait? xxx

Well I have an overbearing MIL so they wont be finding out until after the 1st scan, if I can keep it a secret that long!
I will tell my closest friends probably after 6 weeks or so.
OH will probably be with me when I do the test, if he isnt then I may have to think of something "daddy" related to give to him..xx

not really thought about this myself, so keep lurking for some good ideas : )

would want my OH with me when i do the test i think, I'll be excited to tell his parents as they would be overjoyed but not sure about my family!

I would tell Tim right away, just because I`m like that lol.

But as for my mom, I want to get a picture frame for grandkids, and put Cyan`s picture and then a picture of a cute stork. I think it would get the hint across, but not waiting for the scan.

I'll tell my mum and im sure by the end of the day the entire world will know! Going to keep it quiet from the in laws and BIL's GF for as long as poss though

I have just found out i am and have no idea how to tell anyone although my sister sat everyone down at a posh restaurant and before we were allowed to eat she told us ... my dad then looked up and was like i already new that can i eat now! so maybe thats not the best way!!!

xsarah19x - That's too funny about your Dad wanting to get to the eating since that was old news! :rofl: Gratz on the BFP!!!!! :hugs:

As for me. I'm sure DH will be there when I test, he's very involved with the whole TTC thing, talks about it all the time. And I'm under strict orders to call MIL first so she doesn't find out from FIL or BIL. :rofl: But I'll probly sneak in a quick call to my sister first (I was the 1st person to know when she got her BFP after her DH!) then start calling my mom and MIL then my dad. And I know I'll tell my girlfriends at work right away since they know me too well they'll figure something is up and of course my best friends too. I get waaay to excited I won't be able to keep it secret! Other then that I'm not gonna blab it to anyone else at work, just close friends and family... oh and you ladies!!!

:hug:

hehe, i would love oh to be with me, as for announcing to family members i would like to have the baby scan at 12wks printed on a top and have you are going to be grandparents for example printed on it, i know my parents would be amazingly suprised but depending how u think ur friends and family would react hehe thats just me lol

We are starting TTC in September and if we are lucky enough to conceive fairly soon after trying, then we should have our 12 week scan just before christmas - so thought if that happens then it would make a great christmas present to the in-laws and my mum to frame the picture and let them unwrap it and hopefully realise!! But of course, it's unlikely that it will happen straight away so I think we'd still wait till 12 week scan and either just tell them, or do the same thing with the picture but just wrap it up and give it to them as a surprise gift! As far as hubby, I'd love to do something special to tell him, but I don't know if I could hold off telling him. I was thinking of buying him a baby chelsea kit (he supports chelsea) or something like that - but we'll have to see! If he does keep an eye on when I am due on etc then he might be too nosy and we'd do the test together! :)

I'm going to put a big sister top on Niamh for when OH gets home.

Family I will show them a scan picture.

I'm going to put a big sister top on Niamh for when OH gets home.

Family I will show them a scan picture.

Cute idea, guess i havent really thought of anything.
Probably give them a scan picture x

its strange because im panicing about telling my mum this time, last time i kinda made it look like i didnt know i was but thought i could be lol when i knew i was! but this time im nervous because im expecting alot of negative 'feedback' lol. i told EVERYBODY when i was about 5 weeks with my little girl 2 but this time i would wait until first scan x

Planning to buy this: https://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Pregnant-Woman-Happy/dp/0811841049/ref=pd_sim_b_71 for hubby, and give it to him with a note saying 'You'll be needing this'. :rofl:

Want to pick up this: https://www.amazon.com/Memories-My-..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0SHH0AQJ9W6WMMSSM9R5 for each of the Grandparents-to-be.

oh good question!! i thought about surprising my Dh but he will probably be there when i test. although i think it is cute for #2 to make it a surprise!

as for family and friends I will definitely be waiting for the 12wk scan for everyone. For the ILs i will hopefully be able to wait for a holiday since they all come together. For my dad though it will have to be at dinner after he has a whole bottle of wine! haha!

Connor has a worlds best big brother t-shirt that I will put on him.

this is my second, so for daddy, if I can pull it off, is have Liam wearing a "I'm going to be a big brother" shirt to daycare so when he picks him up that night, he finds out. For my family and friends I'm going to just post a pic of the stick on facebook LOL (my facebook is pretty locked down). I'm not going to say anything, just post the pic. Never been one to be able to wait, and I'm horrible with secrets anyway (ask my husband LOL-Christmas is usually a disaster!) so this is the best way.

I dunno really, both times i just phoned parents and told them! "im pregnant!" OH was with me when i dont my test with charlie so he know, this time i took the test while he was working late, so i went to bed before he got in, then i woke him up in the morning with a quite "guess what im pregnant" in his ear! he didnt belive me tho half asleep he turned around saying "what really? or do u have another invisable line?" i showed him the test he told me to go take another one to prove it haha!

Well I have an overbearing MIL so they wont be finding out until after the 1st scan,

Snap. i wont be telling mil til after our scan and i think OH want to wait untill then to tell everyone but i told him he can sod that.

Ill tell my mam and close friends as soon as i get my bfp but will have to make my mam promise not to tell anyone but a few antys cos my family have a history of telling anyone as soon as they find out.

OH ill just probably wait till he comes in and say something like hi daddy and ill probably do the same with my mam. As for the rest because our family live all over the country ill probably send then a coppy of the scan and wait for them to ring us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->