Feel Depressed :(.. Blighted Ovum

Nicolle

Reaction score
Hi girls :( after today's scan I literally have no hope.. They said there is a chance I could still be early and they can't see anything but tbh being in my (ignore my ticker it's wrong) 6th week and the sac being at 12mm there should at LEAST be a yolk sac...

Just wish they could just tell me as soon as possible so I can try and be alright :( I have to wait another 9 days till another scan is performed..

This is torture.

I really wish I could help. I agree the wait for follow up scans is tortorous and cruel. I really don't have any advice as my anembryonic pregnancy (blighted ovum) wasn't discovered intil my 12 week scan. As devastating as that was at least there was no question. I knew then and there. My thoughts are with you and I'm sending positive thoughts your way that in 9 days time you get some shocking, but amazing news.
I hope others take the time to give you some better advice.

I had a scan at 5+5, empty ges sac (no yolk), 15mm. Repeat scan at 8+6 showed healthy bean - hence why I asked in your other thread if your dates could be out.

Good luck, Thinking of u x

I'm so sorry you're going though this:hugs:

It doesn't look good but like joeyjo said it's not over yet. There is still a chance your pregnancy is viable:hugs:

Thank you so much girls! The cruel thing is today my breasts starting hurting a little bit for the first time. Evil.

I had a scan at 5+5, empty ges sac (no yolk), 15mm. Repeat scan at 8+6 showed healthy bean - hence why I asked in your other thread if your dates could be out.

Hey Joeyjo thank you, I did reply I said
I don't think so it's so bad September has to be the only month I can't remember my period... I had sex on the 7th October.. So if I conceived then wouldn't that make me around 7weeks xxx

I don't know why doctors have women scan so early. What a waste of money and a heart and mind of worry for a week until the next scan.

Try not to worry hun. Your bean is probably aok!

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I just went through this myself a month ago and it was torture. Every day felt like forever until the next scan. In my case each week for three weeks the pregnancy showed some development but it never looked normal. I ended up miscarrying. I hope that you have a much better outcome than I did. All I can say is try to keep busy and distracted. I know it's next to impossible. Hang in there :hugs:

Hey Joeyjo thank you, I did reply I said
I don't think so it's so bad September has to be the only month I can't remember my period... I had sex on the 7th October.. So if I conceived then wouldn't that make me around 7weeks xxx

Sorry I missed your other reply, hugs
It does look very tough with your dates but if the sperm hung around a few days before you ovulated then that makes it more possible. I read A LOT on the web and there were occasional stories of people not seeing anything till 8 weeks (although not many :( )

Good luck sweetie :hug:

Thank you so much <3
I'm taking my son to the theatre today with my mum but I really can't snap out of this mood! Literally feel like everything has come crashing down :(

I know that horrible feeling of waiting weeks for a scan and living on google trying to find 'happily ever after' stories. It's terrible and I'm so sorry you're going through this.

With my current BFP, despite there being dating questions etc over it due to the swiftness of it after a mc, they still refused to scan me until at least 8 weeks, they said they don't do any earlier as "you often don't see much which causes the mother needless worry and heartache"

I truly hope this is the case for you, and you go back to see a healthy little bean.

I'd never sway people away from b&b, but I found a site called misdiagnosed misscariages.com where there are numerous stories of 'blighted ovums' which turned into babies. If you want some hope maybe have a look there.... Then come straight back to b&b of course!!!

Good luck xx

Thank you so much! I have done more
Googling then I should of I think!.. AHHH I don't know :( I have a bad feeling and don't wanna get my hopes up.. I'm 100% I'm gonna go there next Monday and see another empty sac there's no hope :( by 12mm they should at least see a yolk sac I would be more hopeful if they saw that :(

I got took in for an early scan due to suspected ectopic preg at 6w all they saw was the sac but was measuring about 4w. Was told to come back 2 weeks later to see if a viable pregnancy. Went back and saw my blob with a heartbeat - Went for my 12 week scan today and baby was jumping about like mad.

Dont give up hope, I was totally prepared for the worst when i went back at 8w and everything has turned out fine. Try not to worry(i know easier said than done) baby could be fine, My 2 weeks wait was the longest 2 weeks of my life, I completely understand the torture, I hope everything works out for you xx

I got took in for an early scan due to suspected ectopic preg at 6w all they saw was the sac but was measuring about 4w. Was told to come back 2 weeks later to see if a viable pregnancy. Went back and saw my blob with a heartbeat - Went for my 12 week scan today and baby was jumping about like mad.

Dont give up hope, I was totally prepared for the worst when i went back at 8w and everything has turned out fine. Try not to worry(i know easier said than done) baby could be fine, My 2 weeks wait was the longest 2 weeks of my life, I completely understand the torture, I hope everything works out for you xx

I'm so happy you have a success story :) that gives me a little bit of hope.. But going by what they said I think I was measuring at 6 weeks :( my sac was at 12mm mean diameter and I think that is 6 weeks :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->