Feel like baby is coming soon- only 34 weeks

StranjeGirl

First time mommy!
Reaction score
Hi all-
I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow and I already feel like the baby is coming. I had some bloody discharge about a week ago and saw my dr the day after it happened. Bleeding is not uncommon for me as I have been bleeding all this pregnancy and bled all through the last, but this seemed a little different so I had him check me. I was also having shooting pains in my cervix area. He said my cervix was closed and on the ultrasound could see that baby was head down and very low already. He didn't see any signs of preterm labor but does feel I will deliver about a week early. However, a couple days ago I started feeling pain and pressure down there. I have been having contractions all along since 16 weeks (braxton hicks i guess, but kinda uncomfortable) and a couple nights ago they were coming much more. THe next morning I had more spotting. It seemsto have lightened up a bit, but they are still coming a little more than they used to, sometimes a few an hour and then none for hours. THey also hurt a bit more and feel lower down. THe baby is VERY active and I feel a ton of pressure sometimes down there- where it is kinda hard to walk and then it will get better for a while. Are these signs that they baby is coming very early, or just normal pregnancy stuff and common since the baby is down low already? I see my doctor on monday and will have him check again to see if I am dilated. I never had any of this with dd...never felt a contraction until I was overdue and in the hospital hooked up to pitocin, so these contractions/braxton hicks that have been happening since week 16 are very new to me. THanks for any input!

I dont know if it means early labor or not. But without bleeding, ive had a similar experience with this pregnancy. I've been contracting since 19 weeks. Been hooked up to the monitor several times. But they usually only last for a few hours. And they come regularly. But then taper off. My doc checked baby and said his head is low. Also the contractions are getting more and more intense. I feel the pressure and sharp pains too. Im wondering the same as you.

Thank you! Maybe because the baby is low we just feel it more? I'll be watching you to see if yours turns into anything, and I will update after my next appt and let you know if I'm dilated at all!

Yw, me too. Doss it ever feel like the baby is going to break your water? I know its weird to think about. But that is how it feels sometimes. My mw said some women have pre-term contractions all throughout pregnancy. And she said some women have baby early some make it to term. So ive just been watching and waiting. I cant wait to see what people reply on this thread :)

I lost my plug at 35 weeks, im 40 tomorrow and no sign of labor. Theres baby pressure down below but apart from that absolutely fine. I've been thinking I will have the baby any minute since I lost my mucus plug but baby is no where to be seen :)

Wow zenaa! I would have thought loss of mucus plug meant baby is coming! I guess nothing is for sure! Congrats on your full term pregnancy!!

Ha ha jzgrace, yes at times I feel like an arm or leg is going to come right through my skin or my vagina. I honestly cant believe the baby hasn't torn the sac yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->