Feel like I'm going mad - easter hols!

Flower

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this ....

I have a 7 mth old son and two step kids. Its the easter hols, and normally all is well. But obv. my focus is on my baby, and the older child has had a friend over today - and honestly you couldn't tell they've been in the house - good as gold as usual.

However, the eight year old .... well it was non-stop telling off! Today was the last straw! For example 'please put the shopping trolley away - go around the cars this way' tries to career into a brand new porcshe! Cook dinner for us all, have to seperate the 8 & 10 year old, mean while all I can hear is 'don't do that you'll hurt him' I ask the 8 year old to do something meanial like fil up the rabbit food and all I get is endless question 'how' even tho its been explained a thousand times before.

I obv. haven't got the focus/patients as before as I'm looking after my 7 mth old baby. Today i've had to tell my partner that I cant' cope with the 8 yr old as he never listens to me and I don't think I can adequately look after him anymore! My partner has since had to take time off work.

I feel really bad - I had a big shouting match with the 8 yr old today - I apologied for over-reacting, but I honestly can't cope with him anyomore. Do you think it was ok, I feel bad that my partner has had to book time off to look after his son - even tho I'm at home while he earns all the money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->