Feel like I'm going nuts.....

Gym knickers

Lucky mum to 2 munchkins!
Reaction score
Up to now this pregnancy has been fine, much easier than my first in that my back has been better and I've coped better with my anxiety etc. However, about 3 weeks ago I started feeling faint and suddenly ridiculously exhausted. I do teach full time and also have a 20 month old but it just seems to have come on all of a sudden.
I cannot do anything! I've been signed off work for two weeks even though bloods are normal, my bp is low but that's all they can find.
my mum has helped with dd but I'm miserable and can't seem to get any energy. At night I toss and turn, I'm itching all night, my heart is pounding and I've got awful heartburn. The worst is the restless legs. I seem to keep flinging them about every time I drift off. Plus dd is not the best sleeper and DH snores. I feel like I am losing my mind. I'm stressed about missing work, anxious about the baby and generally feeling like a total failure at the moment as a wife, employee and mum. Anyone else feel like this? Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out!

Aww sorry you're feeling so miserable! I think it's par for the course at the end of a pregnancy… I've been like this on and off for the last few weeks and some days it really does get to you.

A few suggestions!

I have horribly restless legs (and I wake up with extremely painful calf cramps often enough). A hot shower or bath before bed usually helps and gets me sleepy too.

For the itchiness, I've been slathering my tummy, breasts, thighs with this amazing oil I got at my baby shower. Its called Basq and I do believe it's a bit pricey (I never would have bought it on my own dime lol) but I think any sort of natural oil or lotion or cocoa butter would help moisturize your poor stressed skin and reduce itching. Plus it is kinda relaxing to rub yourself down after a shower or bath… even more so if you can get hubby to do it for you! (He owes you for the snoring anyway!) I try to do it after every shower since my pores are open.

It's hard when the little ones wake you up in the middle of the night - my five year old seems to do this every night and it is so hard to hoist myself out of bed sometimes. Belly is too big! It's even harder for you I'm sure since you're working! Just try to take it easy these last few months whenever you can.

Ive gone through phases like this since 30w, hopefully you will feel bit better in a few days .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->