Feel like I'm starting all over

luvofamom

Reaction score
I had 3 babies with my husband and I joke around and say I was pregnant for 5 yrs. If I wasn't pregnant I was nursing at least it seemed. My husband died when I was 5 months pregnant with our 3rd so I thought I was done. 2yrs letter I met my friend, (sorta, we went to school together). I thought about having a baby with him but neither one of us were ready. I was on birth control for the first 2 years (paraguard) but I got off because I kept getting BV so we did the pull and pray for the next 3 years this method seem to work. Then I got diagnosed with early menopause and I wasn't having a cycle so we were very careless.
This only lasted for about 4 months then I had a cycle in December and this month I find out I'm pregnant. My kids are almost 12, 9, and 7 and I feel like I'm starting all over because I haven't done this in like forever it seems.
Does anyone else have their kids spread far apart in age?

Mine are 17,15 and 3. I love having my little one. I appreciate him so much more and am totally chilled out. It is great seeing him with his older siblings. Also great babysitters!!! However they do argue with him and their music wakes him up etc. Toddlers and teens can be hard work- lots of tears and tantrums from them all x lol . It is well worth it though.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I have two teens 15 and 17 as well and now I'm pregnant with my third. It's terrifying and exciting at the same time. It's been so long since I've had a baby that it really does feel like I'm starting over. My girls are very excited for the new baby. Though my oldest said it's "creepy" to her that they are going to be so far apart in age.

How do your kids feel about the new addition?

I haven't told my kids yet but for years they have been asking for another sibling, so I'm sure they will be excited. I think my little girl (my youngest) will be really excited if the little bean is a girl.

I have a 13 year old son and an 8 year old daughter and am 22wks with our third. Thought we were done, but then decided the family was just not quite complete.
DD was over the moon about having a sibling (she's been rearranging the babies room for weeks). DS was not quite so happy because he thought we were getting a puppy, lol. Seems he'd prefer the puppy!

But, I have a 5 month old niece and a 1 year old niece, a 2 year old nephew and a 3 year old nephew and both my kids are AWESOME with them. I think the biggest problem will be getting them to leave the baby alone so it can sleep! I am nearly 38, so also feel a bit like we're starting over but I'm really looking forward to it. As one poster said above, I've been there, done that and am far more relaxed about it than I was in my younger years.
I have warned DH that I may want to go for 4 before it's too late.....

All the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"