Feel like it will never happen.

LaurenaC

Reaction score
So ladies i'm not quite 35 yet (just a month or two to go) so I hope you don't mind me posting in here but been trying to conceive for 3 years now and wondered if my age was a major factor. I am not majorly overweight but am small so I don't look skinny! I weigh about 12st 3 and am 5ft 3. I'm losing weight slowly though after doing Slimming World! My Gyno said my weight shouldn't be an issue as long as I ovulate but who knows!

We have tried everything, have a fertility monitor (which I have stopped using this month as fed up of peeing on a stick and getting stressed to time things perfectly) :haha:every technique, every day, every other day, SMEP, pre-natal vitamins, had progesterone tests, sperm analysis (Borderline normal), been on Clomid (I ovulated already though without Clomid) and still nothing, nada, zilch, not even a sniff of it. Am awaiting an appointment for a laparoscopy (which I am terrified of as never been under a general aneasthetic before) and after that there is only IVF (which we can't afford, not in this lifetime anyway).

Would be really good to hear some postive stories :)

Hi Laura,

So sorry to hear about your TTC problems. Have you had your tubes checked? If everything else is ok and you've been trying for years couldn't that be a possibility?

Cx

Hi spacegirl thanks for the response :0) Yes it's the only other explination which is what I am going to get checked on the laparoscopy as well as looking for endo. In a way I hope that it is that because at least it makes more sense to us! x

For losing weight I highly recommend Hannah Waterman's workout DVD. Sounds dramatic but it has changed my life. It's based on the theory of HIIT. Which means working out v hard for a v short amout of time.

I did it for 20 min per day for 2 weeks and I lost a stack of weight. I then dropped to 2x per week and I'm still thin. The workout really boosts your metabolism because of it's intensity.There are 3 x 20 min workouts on DVD plus stomach exercises too. I only managed to do the whole dvd once as it's so intense but because it's so intense you can get away with just doing the 20 min cardio blitz. Its fun too! :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hannah-Wat...P8X4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353153123&sr=8-1

GL xxxx

Hi LorenaC, I can relate to you and I just wanted to say keep trying. I use the fertility monitor too, once it lights up OH is happy to do whatever it takes. Otherwise, he's a little lazy with initiating. I can understand why your tired of it, it's the only way I can get him excited to bd, a double useful tool for me. Has he been checked out too? I've just m/c at 8 weeks a few weeks ago, it took SOOO long to get that BFP. It's all very frustrating & daunting. What seems to feel better to me is working with a fs. The different options, the diagnosis of diminished reserve and taking antioxidants and supplements helps me feel that at least I'm working to try to better the situation. Even if nothing comes of it, I'm healthy and less likely to get cancer, and I feel much more knowledgeable going into the next stage of life than before.

Last feb they did the u/s and I had 1 antral follie and they gave me less than 10% of getting preggers. With the m/c I just had another scan and there are 4 antral follies operating now. I really believe the supplements have helped as well as using the soft cups. Still, it's hard each month that af comes. There's nothing anyone can do but have a glass of wine, let yourself off the hook and nurture yourself however you do that. It's a game of craps, and I sometimes feel I've just been given an unlucky set of dice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->