Feel neglected :/

Char.due.jan

Mummy to Luke
Reaction score
Well I feel as through this pregnancy I've been a little neglected by my midwife. I don't feel that my care has been 100% as it should be. I've been measuring small throughout the pregnancy and today I measured 36cm and I'm 39+6 weeks. Surely I should be sent for a growth scan : but my midwife has said its fine and nothing to worry about. I'm just worrying myself about it now and feel it will be my fault if there's anything wrong with LO :cry:

Don't worry about measuring small, the position of the baby effects it and measurements aren't accurate anyway. I've been measuring small throughout as well and at last appointment (40+3) I was only measuring 33 and a half cm and my midwife isn't worried either.
But sorry you're feeling neglected by your midwife, not nice :(

Thank you. I just see ladies on here being sent for growth scans when they measure like 3 weeks early and it worries me that I've not been sent for one. I know the measurements are innacurate though, I'm sure she would send me for one if neseccary though. I've got a sweep booked for next Friday but its with a different midwife as mine is on holiday, I'm glad though as I'd feel uncomfortable with someone I 'know' doing a sweep lol! Hopefully I won't go that far though!

I think it only matters if 5cm out.. :confused:

I'm glad though as I'd feel uncomfortable with someone I 'know' doing a sweep lol!

Haha I know what you mean! Midwife doesnt do sweeps here so I don't have to worry about that anyway but it would feel weird if she did do it.

My midwife keeps putting down that I am measuring 36+T whatever that means! She doesn't even take a measure to it, i've not been measured once the whole pregnancy... I guess sometimes it's not important unless it feels/looks like it could be measuring way out... they'd know I s'pose, they feel bumps all the time lol xxx

If your LO has engaged, that's probably affecting how you're measuring.

Thanks ladies :) think I worry too much sometimes! And my LO is fully engaged now so yeah that might have something to do with it. thanks :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->