Feel physically terrible post birth-please read

A1983

Reaction score
Hello-I gave birth to my daughter on 31/07 and it was a horrendous labour-extremely long and I hadn't slept for 2 nights prior due to contractions. I had an epidural snd episiotomy. .then 2 hours after delivery I developed a haematoma the size of a melon (mw's said my pain was due to birth...only a God sent Doctor diagnosed me a few hours later) I was rushed to theatre and haematoma drained under GA-2 litres, and I was given 4 units of blood and 2 units of plasma. I had had loads of oramorph prior to this for 'post labour pains'.. but it didn't work. The pain from the haematoma was terrifying and out of this world-when no one was believing me that something wasn't right I wanted to die-I couldn't cope. The surgery relieved my pain (stitches etc are no issue!) and I was 'packed' for 24 hours and was bed bound so had catheta in too.

Fast forward to now-I was discharged yesterday morning-given oramorph lots of times during my admission. What im worried about is how im still feeling-I was given iv antibiotics too and was/am anemic due to surgery. I'm feeling weak, dizzy-so room spins when I look up from floor or walk around, im exhausted, baby being bf much to my credit I think but I still haven't obviously slept-about 2 -3 hours broken up through the night. I have pain one sided on right bit below belly button that mw says is prob referred pain but if gets worse to tell GP-it seems to have gone yesterday but returned today-I can't stand up straight and hurts to walk/touch/lie down flat. Don't feel pain when still. Im basically wondering why I still feel so terribly weak and dizzy-TERRIBLY-is this normal? I have even chosen my baby's name yet as too weak to think. I feel im missing out on enjoying baby too-just keeping going for her feeds. I sleep for a hour or two during day but woke today and nearly passed out on toilet -bm needed- rather than feeling better. Blood loss medium-slightly heavier today but maybe cos milk is in so longer feeds.

This post probably makes little sense but im just looking for support/advice and reassurance this is normal?

You poor thing sounds awful. I would say that you probably need to give yourself time. Your body has been through a lot and isn't really getting the complete rest required as obviously you have a new baby. Have you got lots of family to help so u can sleep whenever possible?? When I had my son I had not slept for two nights, rough birth and lost a bit of blood but not half of what you've been through. I still remember tho walking along the hall at home and feeling like I was about to pass out. All that being said you know your body and if you think your recovery isn't right call the doctor/hospital and insist you are checked out. Hope things improve soon xxx

Poor you, you've really been through it, you will probably take a bit of time to feel well but I'd call your GP.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/birth-stories-announcements/

It may be better to post on this thead as they will have experienced birth . Many ladys on here may not have had the birth experience yet and ths may scare the life out of them .

I had a traumatic time with my 1st child and felt awfull for some time but now im on #4 and each of the other children ive had was a breeze xxx

Is there someone home helping you? This sounds a lot like the birth I had with my first daughter, not an easy recovery, it does get easier i promise, the first few weeks are a blurr but take each day as it comes and take all offers of help you can get. Also speak to professionals about the way you feel don't suffer in silence, you know when something isn't right with your body! Lots of love and wishing you a speedy recovery!!! Xxx

:hugs: It sounds like you need some much needed rest and some good food! I know its hard, but the saying, sleep when they sleep is really what saved me. I would make sure your comfortable, if house gets messy, itll get cleaned some other time. But you have been through alot!! It sounds like maybe your still anemic with the dizzyspells, are you on supplements?

I would call and just let your doctor know about the dizziness for sure. I just got released today and probably should have had a transfusion but hung on to not getting one. I am still very amnimic and on iron supplements. Where my hemoglogon (sp) is it's only at a 6 meaning I should be experiencing some symptoms. Luckily enough I am not. They told me if I start to experience dizziness, shortness of breath, weak when standing, etc. To call. It just means I may need to get a transfusion. Otherwise I am to just wait it out and keep taking iron supplements and rest.

Definitely get checked out, especially if you've had an infection. The dizziness could be an indication of infection, watch out for any shaking etc. I was dizzy after having my LO, I thought it was normal but a week later I was rushed into hospital with a massive infection that turned to sepsis. I'm not saying this to scare you, I wish someone had told me to watch out for being dizzy so that I didn't have to go through what I went through. Since you've had some antibiotics already your body has already been given a boost so it's very unlikely that it will get out of control, but get the dr to check your temperature and explain how lousy you're feeling, they may give you another course of antibiotics as a precaution. I hope you're feeling better soon.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/birth-stories-announcements/

It may be better to post on this thead as they will have experienced birth . Many ladys on here may not have had the birth experience yet and ths may scare the life out of them .

I had a traumatic time with my 1st child and felt awfull for some time but now im on #4 and each of the other children ive had was a breeze xxx

I agree with this. Its not a great post to be sharing in the third trimester forum. I clicked on out of curiosity thinking maybe a post natal thing. Glad I never read it now

Im really sorry-I will do that. Gp on his way out. Most births aren't like mine to reassure other ladies-my friends and family being testament to this. Thank you for your help and replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->