Feel selfish

torch2010

Reaction score
I have 2, beautiful, gorgeous, intelligent, perfect, healthy little girls. DD1 is 9 and DD2 is 16 months. I also have a son but he lives in heaven. He was stillborn at 25+5 weeks in 2010. When I was pregnant with DD2 I prayed, begged for her to be a girl. I wasn't in the right mind frame to have another boy just yet.

I am currently 16 weeks pregnant with another baby. I have prayed, begged and even cried. I so want a baby boy to complete our family. I just can't imagine having another girl. I keep saying as long as the baby is healthy then it doesn't matter and I know that if it is a girl then I will love her but my arms ache so badly for a boy, I feel empty not having a little boy running around.

I have avoided booking an early gender scan as I just can't handle knowing yet. We will find out but only at our 20 week scan. I want to know so badly so I can prepare myself either way.

I feel selfish and so upset when I write it all down. I don't know if what I feel is normal :-(

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:. You're not selfish AT ALL for feeling this way. A lot of people long for a child of one gender but I can't imagine how much stronger that urge must be when you have lost a child of that gender. Please don't feel bad for feeling the way you do. When is your 20 week scan? x

Hugs hun...hope you get your little boy, so sorry for your loss xx

Thank you so much for understanding and not judging. Gender disappointment is awful :-( I feel terrible about it. We got to hear baby's heartbeat today and it brought it all home. Ofcourse another girl would be lovely, I have everything I could ever need for a girl but my arms ache for a little lad in my life. It's hard to get my head around xx

:hugs: your feelings are understandable. I hope you get your blue bundle xxx

I completely understand that, its very normal! We lost Eve at 5 days old, when I fell pregnant my main concern was that the baby would be healthy, but I also ached for another baby girl. I'd have been over joyed with a boy but it scared me to think I might not ever get a baby girl again, not get to do all the girly things i had planned and dreamt of. We did have a girl, I cried at the scan. Since then we have also had a baby boy, and also lost another baby boy 18 weeks in to the pregnancy. We are currently TTC xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->