feel uneasy and upset now......

loopdido

Mum to 2
Reaction score
I have just had the parent liason lady from my sons school round for a visit. I requested the appointment as I am worried about my sons behavior.

But now I have seen her and been through everything and I know the next steps etc - I feel so crap:dohh: don't know why, maybe as it is all real now and someone else is involved. I'm also worried that it's all my imagination and that no one else thinks he has a problem etc.

Basically he is displaying all the characteristic symptoms of ADHD and we are finding things very tense and hard to cope with at home with him. Teachers have commented a few times on things that we have also noticed, but they have never come out with a ' we think he has a problem' etc. So am no paranoid that there is nothing wrong with him and I've just made myself look like a right :wacko: for talking to her about it :nope:

now what?

Hope you are ok xx My son has ADHD, it is nothing bad, he is still the same boy, it just means they can find techniques that may help him concentrate in class etc. My son has a fidget chair thing and it really helps xx

Sounds like you are just being a concerned parent hun... and doing what you feel it best for your child. Even if it turns out there is no "technical" term for what is going on with your son, it's not gonna hurt to have it checked out. If anything, maybe you'll have a better understanding of why he is acting out.

I'm sure it just feels more real now that you've had the visit. But your doing the right thing. It's never easy to think your child may have any issue, let alone discuss that with an outsider. But if your son does need help now, then it will only make things easier for you all in the long run. And truly, it will be what's best for him.

My step daughter was diagnosed with separation anxiety when she was very young (due to some issues with her Mom at a very young age). And my hubby was able to get her counseling and help- and over the years it's only gotten better and better. It will always be something she struggles with- but now she has the tools to help herself more often (she's 14 now) and we, as her parents, have the tools to help her help herself. It's not always been easy- and there were moments I wondered if it would get any better- but it has, a ton! Because we got help and did what we needed to do. Not only for her, but for our family as a unit. She is such a great kiddo!!!!

Best of luck hun :hugs:

Hi, we are thinking we may have to get my son assessed next yr, the teacher has been complaint about him constantly, as he gets up and walks around class, disturbs the others, refuses to do work. But will and can do it when he wants. The teacher has not been consistent in his rewards chart/ smileys we are still waiting to see a video of him in class. He can be quite stubborn and the teacher suggested he might have a food allergy. We are going to see how he gets on with a new teacher next year, as he has had the same teacher for 2 yrs, and she seems to have her faces in class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->