Feeling a bit blue, missing out.

3011busyyear

Reaction score
I'm not sure why I'm feeling like this now but I'm just thinking of how my life has gone and feeling unusually sad when I'm usually happy with my lot.
Basically my first year of uni one of my flat mates was on the same course as me. I fell in love with my now hubby and 3years later when I left uni I didn't have the money or will power I guess to pursue a career in the film business that I'd studied in.
10 years on, I'm happily married and 4 days from my date. I've just seen on facebook this other girl is moving abroad with her job in the film industry and I feel kind of jeleous :shrug: I know I couldn't have ever pursued such a competitive career but I still feel a little sad. Wonder if she's jeleous of my plain Jane life!

Yes, but you get to have the adventure of being a parent and having someone to love. My one friend got married and they decided to not have kids. My friend and her DH both work and make what my DH and I were making before kids... they just got back from Aruba and had been in Europe not too long before that. They have been to Cuba, Dominican, Mexico, Hawaii, Florida, Thailand, ... the list goes on. I could be jealous, but I am not. I have two fantastic kids with another on the way. I only have one pair of lulu lemon pants not 15, but I am going to have 3 kids that I love more than trips and lulu pants. When I am snuggling and playing with my grandkids, she will only have her cats to do that with.

Don't be jealous. They have a different life and a different drive than you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->