feeling a little awkward

coccyx

Reaction score
Know its silly but I feel a little awkward telling people that I am pregnant. No one else knows yet except hubby. This is baby number 4, and we are pleased about it, and I know that should be all that counts. My hubby has just started a new posting near Bath, we live 3 hours away , so he can be away for 3/4 days at a time. Know it will be hard work with 4 children under 9 years. He could be there for 2 more years. Don't want to move there as we have some family near us and older 2 kids very settled in school, BUT i can hear my mum saying 'what do you want another baby for?'

cant you tell your hubby how you feel?or move inbetween.
You could move with him temporarily and see how you get on!
You are going to need him around more now
Good luck hope all is okay!xxx

Aww hon, I'm sorry you feel this way :hugs:
I agree with caroline, I would talk to him. Let him know how you feel and maybe try moving out there for a bit to see how it is. Its going to be tough with 4 kids and you'll need his help when you can. If he can't help out much then what about a family member for support? or maybe a friend?

My hubbys elderly parents live about 10 miles from me, and hubby is only one of their children they have any contact with, so i keep an eye on them when he is away. My parents and sister live about 9 miles away from me, so if i moved closer to hubby i would probably have less support as dear hubby would be at work all day!. Know i don't like to ask for help, but sure mum would be there if i asked, shes a whizz with the hoover!!!

ur mum loves u for who u are and if ur happy to have another baby so should she will be maybe she is worried for the pressure on u with having to dealwith the children under 9 and may feel u may not have support as ur OH is so far away if u cant tell her on ur own why not invite everyone around for pre-xmas drinks i.e have a small buffett and give ur news together and at leats u would have ur oH support xxx

I'm sorry you feel this way hun, and I have a little confession to make...

I have got the same thoughts as you, I was feeling embarassed at first and I was really depressed, cried and prayed a lot.
Eventually, I got over, and I know that this is a gift and we should be proud of ourself and our little angel in us!

Cheers! :happydance:

Hun im sure they are gonna be fine over the whole thing!!!

Congratulations, enjoy your PG!

xxx

That sounds rough. Hopefully you oh will understand and try to make things as easy as possible. And I'm sure once your family finds out, they will be happy. My mom was worried about me at first, but once we really talked and she thought about having a grandchild around, she became ecstatic. I'm sure everything will work out for you. =)

im sure they will be ok once it sinks in hun i know how u feel about support and stuff im having my 4th also so i will have 4 under age 8 im also single and dont have much support as dad passed away in 2004 my step mum hasnt been bothered with us since he has gone i dont speak to my mum as i hardly know her my dad had custody of us when we were younger so i was closer to him i have sisters that live bout 30 min from me but they ave their own kids to look after i also dont like asking for help so if ever u need to talk then feel free to msg me :)

Hi,

I am having my 4th child too, i will have 4 under 9.

I have no family here atall, its just me and my husband, he works 6 days a week so i deal with the kids mostly untill he gets home, i manage fine, the 2 older children help out alot with my youngest son and im sure they will help out with the new baby, they enjoy doing it and get rewarded.

Im sure you will be fine :)

x

I felt like that telling about my first, only because of my training. The first thing My mother said was "What about uni?"
Never mind that I am 30 and for the past 10 years thought I was unable to have kids. :wacko:

I had only been with Bubbas dad for 5 months too. We didn't tell anyone until I was 4 months on.

and my worries seemed to be unfounded, as, I am sure yours will be.

Gosh I would love to have 4. I always wanted a large family, guess I shall just be grateful for the one for now.

I hope you feel better about it soon, they're all so special. :hugs:

Thanks for those wise words ladies. You are right this baby is a surprise gift which we are very pleased about. Feel much more positive today, spoke to hubby last night and he said he would make sure he gave 110% when he was at home. Told me off for not telling him how I felt! THANKS

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->