Feeling anxious - 9 weeks today.

LuckyLass

Reaction score
I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant but can't shake this nervous feeling. I have no reason to believe anything is wrong other than I have very few symptoms. I still have 3 weeks to wait until first scan and need some ideas on how to cope!? This is my second pregnancy and remember feeling this way last time and everything was fine. Logic goes out the window in pregnancy!

I can't wait to start showing or start feeling baby move just to have a bit of reassurance. How is everybody else getting through the first 12 weeks? Time seems to stand still some days.

hi,

i know exactly what your saying. I was the same with my first pregnancy too, and in both pregnancies i had early scans so kind of do have the reassurance that all is okay - well at least it was at the scan.

My 12 week scan is in just under 4 weeks and it seems an age away.

I flit through periods where i convince myself something must be wrong, ie i dont feel as sick, boobs no longer tender, not as tired. Then the logical side of my brain says i have no indications (ie bleeding or cramping) that would lend me to feel something was wrong.

its just such a long wait. I contemplated paying for another scan (first one was NHS due to bleeding), but i dont think it will help. i will still be anxious. To be honest i was anxious with my son until i was feeling him move regularilly.

Hope the wait till our scans goes quickly for us both.

Dawn

Thanks Dawn. I've been considering a private scan too but like you said I'm not sure that will take the anxiety away for very long. I think I find it harder because I've only told a few close friends and family so having to pretend everything is normal on a day to day basis can be quite tough when it's all you can think about.

Yes hope the wait goes quickly for us both :)

I asked my doc when I could start telling people. And he said, now! Heart beat good, baby looks perfect, he said he doesn't understand where this magic 12 week check point comes from. But I suppose it's easy to feel more reassured when your scan was recent. I had to wait 2 weeks to see if things were ok, after he told me not to get my hopes up.. holding thumbs all will be ok for you too. I'm going for another scan in 4 weeks. Grrrr

I'm 9 weeks with my 2nd and also anxious every day! I can't wait to feel him/her move. It's the best feeling in the world! I wish I had a Doppler...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->