Feeling Blue about my pink bump...

HPmum2B

Reaction score
First time around, I kind of wanted a girl, we did not find out the sex, but my yellow bump turned pink and I was over the moon.

I am pregnant again, and had my 20 week scan today and the sonographer told us it was a girl, and I think I am dissapointed.

I was telling myself before the scan a girl would be lovely for my daughter, but thats not really how I feel. I wanted one of each.

I just feel so silly, I should be over the moon that the baby is healthy and doing well in there, but I just can't shake this off. I just want to go to bed and cry and I don't really know why.

Aw I'm sorry u are feeling that way but 2 little girls are the best! Nothing in the world like sisters! I just had my second girl that I was praying for and let me tell you it's amazing. I have a brother only and although he's great, I see my friends with their sisters and wow. No one will have each others backs more than your two girls. It's the best gift you could be giving her. Hope u feel better soon, give yourself time xxx

Thanks, I am starting to feel better already, especially when I think about dressing them in matching outfits. I think its mainly hormones going crazy.
We are planning on having one of two more children further down the line, so its not like it is my last chance or anything.

I know I will be over the moon when the baby arrives, as the presence of the new baby would far outweigh any gender disappointment for me. Silly, I should not have found out the sex.

I felt the same when I found out with my DS2. 1st bub I had no preference and was super excited about either gender really. But I wanted one of each for sure.
I got over it pretty much right away and would never change my little guy for a girl :)
We decided to try for a third and I'm really hoping for a girl this time as no more kiddies for us after this bub.
I have three sisters and one brother and my older sister was nasty to my pretty much my whole life until she had her bub at 19 and now we are closer. I more closer with my 2nd sister we are bffs so it's always nice to have a bbf that's a sister as well. There's lots of benefits to having two of the same gender.
Hope you feel better about it soon.

:hugs: I'm having my second boy and although I didn't mind this time around, I REALLY wanted a girl first time around. My husband really wanted a girl this time and he was a tad disappointed but it has wore off now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->