Feeling blue after seeing the doctor...

Yes I know what you mean, I'v stopped testing now I just needed to see my 3+ I just pray that I make it to my 12 week scan as I lost my last little bean just a few days before, I was heartbroken to get so close. I just feel lucky to get another chance!
Good luck to everyone!

ah that must of been awful, i had a mmc in 2007 dont know when the baby died, doc is sending me for a scan nxt week to check all is well, once i get that over im sure i will relax, are you getting an early scan?

I have my first mw appointment next tuesday so will see wat they say, I didn't expect to get an early scan after having just 1 mc so I didn't rush to make an appointment but maybe I should have asked for one anyway. Did they just offer you an early scan?

yeah i went to docs yesterday cos i was cramping i was hoping she would do bloods or something but she said that she could see it was worrying me and she would set up a scan for next friday as there is a good chance of seeing heartbeat but if pains get worse to ring her and she will bring appointment forward, i was shocked as i didnt expect that especially as i have had 2 healthy babies since!

Yes I think it depends on whether you have a nice mw/doc or not and what mood they are in on the day. I am just taking it a day at a time at the moment so will see wat next tues brings!

i hope they do something to put your mind at ease! i hate first tri its always filled with such fear.

Yes it is I feel that it spoils the first part of your pregnancy with all the fear! I will let you no wat they say anyway. Hope your scan goes ok too x

thanks hun, yes i will be waiting patiently tomorrow for an update! x x

ah yes your appointment is tuesday, y did i think it was tomorrow?

Hey:hugs:

I had a similar experience with my first pregnancy. GP just not very interested. Told me off for not booking a double appointment and for not having an LMP date (I'd just come off the pill, what did she expect??). Then just said casually as I was leaving 'oh and if you have any bleeding just phone the epu!' I think GP's struggle to know how to deal with very early pregnancy and I think a lot just don't want to be involved. This pregnancy I'm again totally unsure of my dates but I just bypassed gp and went straight to midwife. I'm now patiently waiting for my scan so I can get an EDD. Its not for another 2.5 weeks and it's hard not knowing but I'm just trying to chill out knowing I am pregnant, I just don't know how far on and my baby will make itself known soon enough. I know how hard it is to do this (much easier 2nd time round) but don't let the gp spoil your excitement. :hugs:

I didn't expect being in the first trimester to be so gloomy - I'm filled with fear and daren't get excited. I thought I'd just be over the moon but I can't let myself get excited. It's such a shame. Just wish I had a crystal ball to see if everything would be ok at the 12 week scan and then I could relax...

I didn't expect being in the first trimester to be so gloomy - I'm filled with fear and daren't get excited. I thought I'd just be over the moon but I can't let myself get excited. It's such a shame. Just wish I had a crystal ball to see if everything would be ok at the 12 week scan and then I could relax...

I felt exactly the same way the first time. I thought getting pregnant was the hard part and once I was I would just enjoy it all but then I found this site and although it was wonderful it also really opened my eyes to all the things that could potentially go wrong. (I am actually a doctor but not had any obstetric experience!)

Remember the majority of pregnancies do end with a healthy baby. It's o.k. to be excited. When I used to get too stressed in first tri I would sometimes wander off to visit 3rd tri and read about the mums buying prams or baby clothes or even read the brith stories, it always helped me to feel excited about my bean. Big congrats on your pregnancy by the way:flower:

Thank you bumpontherun. I think I'm also finding it tough keeping it between me and OH. I know this is the sensible thing to do but I just wish I could talk face to face with another woman about it.

I totally failed at that and told quite a few of my friends very early on. I just wanted to talk about it all the time! It was great being able to talk about it but it also meant I felt obliged to tell MIL and the weight of her excitment was very hard to bear! My reasoning is if I have a miscarriage I'll want to talk about it so I might as well be open about the whole thing from the start. I know most people prefer to keep it quiet for a bit longer though.

Aww hun I had the exact same thing happen!!
I went to a pre arranged appointment to see an OBGYN and had found out that week that I was pregnant and although being scared as I know it can happen I was still so excited about the little bean growing inside me but when I walked out of that appointment I felt so low and it was as if she sucked ALL the joy out of it for me, I still feel that I should not get excited yet even though we had a private scan at 9 weeks and the sonographer said in response to 'When do you think it is ok to start getting excited?' she said 'Now!' that if I was destined to loose this baby normaly there would have been some incling on the scan that day as it normaly is visable a few weeks before for example the baby would not be growing at the right speed.
But I still can not get excited yet, when ever I do feel it building I push it away after what the OBGYN said to me... her words were 'So you got the positive pregnancy test result but that does not mean that this baby will make it! You have to remember that 85% of babies die'
I went to the doctor later to talk about what she said and was told to take it with a pinch of salt that 'yes it can happen but there is no reason to think it will happen to you'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->