Feeling blue

angelbump

Reaction score
I feel so down at the moment.
I am dealing with alot of stress and it isn't going anywhere for a while. I feel so guilty for not enjoying this pregnancy due to the stress.
I have been an emotional wreck for weeks and i know hormones are heavily involved but it doesnt stop the crying and angry outbursts.
I feel guilty towards my partner and son for being moody or not chatty.
I feel disgusting in regards to how i look i just feel so down.
I spoke to my midwife and she took time to speak to me over the phone and although i was glad to be told this is normal it hasn't made me feel any better.
I dont want to be pregnant anymore i just want my baby in my arms and the hormones to eff off, the stress to dwindle which eventually it will.
Grr just needed to vent!!!!!!!
Thankyou if you managed to get this far down :hugs:

Im currently excatly this stage i want to cry at everything ive got an extrem stress to of gender scan on thursday but i think its normal all tho im suffering with crying more then anger burst but my partner seems to be getting full front of it it will pass and it should get better xx

I know it’s not much comfort, but you’re not alone.

I keep thinking I should be feeling so much happier than I do. I’m snappy and irritable towards my boyfriend. I cry at every little thing, at home or in public. I’m worried I won’t love this child like I do my son. The list is endless.

It’s great you recognise how you’re feeling and you’ve discussed it with your midwife. She’s tried to reassure you but I get that sometimes that’s not enough. Can you join a class? Prenatal yoga for example? So you can meet other mums to be and have a little time to yourself? It’s the only solution I’ve come up with for me so far, so I’m following this thread eagerly to see other people’s responses.

I hope you feel better soon x

I get this way, especially when I'm overwhelmed with responsibility. This baby was a complete surprise and it doesn't help matters that I have family members who aren't particularly happy with us having a fifth child so they've been being rude rather than helpful. I'm glad you talked to your midwife about your feelings. It always helps to tell them to someone else. Lots of hugs to you :hugs:

Thanks ladies *hugs*
I feel massively overwhelmed at the slightest thing at the moment. And feel like I've got the weight of the world on my shoulders.
I have so many worries amd anxieties about a 2nd child and domt know what to do with all these thoughts. I suffer from anxiety anyways and stopped my medication (very low dose) the minute i found out we were expecting.
I have no desire to mix with anyone at the moment as i feel like such shit company and everyone expects me to be happy and glowing and I'm the polar opposite :-(
Thankyou all sp much for the advice and its nice knowing that this is somewhat normal x

Hi angelbump, not sure if you remember but we had chatted previously on the tww boards before you got your bfp. Sorry to hear things are feeling rough at the minute.

I remember very clearly with both of my pregnancies that around 17-20 weeks was a period I found horrific. Everything just seemed to be so much more hard work and it was a very upsetting time. I can see you are around that stage now, so I wonder if it’s some sort of hormonal period in general? I know that doesn’t help, but I think talking about it is a good step rather than keeping it bottled up.

Sorry I don’t have any advice, but just wanted to send some hugs x

Sending you a big :hugs: !!

I am with you all!
I could just cry for everything at this very moment. My living situation isn't sorted. My man is absolutely wonderful, and I am 6 weeks pregnant now! Which I am so grateful for, but I still want to cry about everything.

Hi angelbump, not sure if you remember but we had chatted previously on the tww boards before you got your bfp. Sorry to hear things are feeling rough at the minute.

I remember very clearly with both of my pregnancies that around 17-20 weeks was a period I found horrific. Everything just seemed to be so much more hard work and it was a very upsetting time. I can see you are around that stage now, so I wonder if it’s some sort of hormonal period in general? I know that doesn’t help, but I think talking about it is a good step rather than keeping it bottled up.

Sorry I don’t have any advice, but just wanted to send some hugs x

Of course and a huge congratulations to you :happydance:

Thanks for letting me know, maybe it is a hormonal thing? I feel so emotionally unstable at the moment tiny little things tip me over the edgr and its like my world is crashing down? I feel so silly sometimes and then feel angry for feeling so down and the cycle continues....
Grrrrrr.

Anyways, I'm on the countdown for some happy times which is helping me get through!

Hope you are well with your pregnancy doggylover xx

:hugs: I get like this off and on. Sometimes I'm super happy and other times I feel really overwhelmed and sad. I also have an anxiety disorder and I'm even still on medication for it! :wacko:

You shouldn’t ever feel silly for feeling low. Firstly, you can’t help how you feel, it’s out of your control all the time, and when pregnant that is true times a hundred! And secondly there isn’t anything wrong with feeling low, and it’s certainly not silly. I wonder if maybe your midwife could help give you some further information about ways you could be supported?

I remember with my first at 17weeks my husband hadn’t done the hoovering. And I lost it. I was crying for hours. And not too long afterwards I was making pancakes, and it went wrong, and I threw the pan at the wall. So that feeling of being right on the edge, being tipped over easily, I do definitely think that is heightened by the pregnancy hormones.

If your midwife can’t give you any further help, maybe a chat with your gp? You shouldn’t have to spend the next few months feeling like this x

I understand, I've been extremely depressed.
Actually i've been suicidle, and feeling guilty that i'm not happy.
My pregnancy has been extremely hard,
I've been homeless the whole time, and can't get insurance where I'm at.
So I have to relocate, stay in a roach motel soon and then try to find a job to meet an income requirement and maybe finally find a place to live.
Plus where I am sleeping right now is in the middle of NOWHERE
I have cabin fever and Im isolated.
Feeling ugly. I can't dye my hair, I have acne everywhere and I just keep puking and sleeping and crying and I feel sad.
And I asked for help from my family and said how desperately alone I am and that i do feel like ending it all... and my sister just said no one cares. suck it up. smiley face, so i blocked everybody deleted my social media accounts
and I'm now even more isolated because thats all i had.

And my bf is at work all day, so im all alone.
And our love life is going to shit because he's tired and I just feel too heavy and full and gross.

Pregnancy has been the worst thing that has ever happened to me, and at such a horrible time in my life and I feel like i'm not going to be a good mother and I can't provide for my child.

I hope it all works out.
But right now I feel like everything is dark.

So.
You're not alone.

Pregnancy is just hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back