Feeling cervix to track ovulation?

Mrs Reineke

Reaction score
I've started feeling my cervix every day to feel it's postion and how hard/soft it is. I've read that when you're fertile your cervix is higher in your vaginal canal and softer verses when you're not fertile it's lower and harder. Is or has anyone else used this method to track ovulation? I'm learning about my body and how things feel. I'm also tracking my CM. I could use advice if anyone is familar with this method. Thanks!:?:

Hi! Tracking your cervix for Ovulation can be frustrating. And I only suggest tracking for O and not for pregnancy.

The reason is that every women is different and it can move around/change so often it can get very overwhelming.

Around ovulation is should be in SHOW (soft, high, open, wet). Personally I start checking my cervix a couple days before I think I'm going to O and for about one day after I have ovulated (confirmed by temping).

FYI - tracking your BBT (basil body temp) is the only way to confirm ovulation. Checking CM, Cervix and even OPKs are not 100% reliable.

So with the BBT, is it a special thermomter you have to buy? I've never done that before and when do you start taking your temp?

It's a pretty basic thermometer, I bought mine off Amazon (off the recommendations from ladies here) for $9.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017RZHYY/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You take your temp at the same time every morning before you get out of bed. So for me, that's 6AM, though sometimes I have woken up a tad early. They say as long as it's within 30 min of the same time you should get an accurate reading.

They say you need at least 3 hours of solid sleep before temping, but I am a restless sleeper and OFTEN wake up numerous times before my alarm and I still see a clear shift after ovulation.

I highly suggest you set up a free account on Fertility Friend and start tracking BBT and CM there. You can click on my chart in my signature and check it out. Watch all their tutorials, they are super helpful.

Ok cool, thank you BeachyFeelin. I just purchased it and I expedited the shipping! LOL!!! I'll get on and set up an account on Fertility Friend. Thank you for your advice...I really appreciate it!

So I see you have been TTC for a while now? Do you have any fertility issues you know about, or just taking forever? :)

Ya :( In our 8th cycle.....no issues that I know of right now. I have a pretty regular cycle (varies between 27-30 days) and a good LP. At the one year mark we will head to the Dr's!

I know a couple cycles the timing was probably way off, but last cycle I was pretty convinced it would happen because of the great timing.

It's just taking a while...I guess :shrug:

How long have you been trying?

This will be our 5th month trying. :cry: It's pretty frustrating.

It really is - expecially if it's your first and everyone around you seems to have children already or are announcing pregnancies!

I've been tracking cp and cm and have been pretty much textbook. I get SHOW from about cd16.

Cycle 1 - bfp, but chem
Cycle 2 - terrible throat infection, so missed out
Cycle 3 - bfp, but miscarriage at 6 weeks
Cycle 4 - currently on cd 18 and in middle of SHOW

We only bd during SHOW and it seems to work for us. Just need a sticky one!

Personally, i've found it so interesting only tracking these secondary signs, it goes to show how amazing our bodies are! x

I swear there are TONS of people around me who are pregnant or just had a baby!! :cry: I'm jealous!! :nope: So not to give TMI, but I went potty and my CM is getting slippery. So from what I've read, that happens shortly before you ovulate right?

Hahahaha!!! I'm at work. :dohh: I texted my husband though and told him to be ready!! Hahaha!!:thumbup: Sounds like you've had troubles keeping a baby JenStar. That's no fun. At least you know you can get pregnant!! :thumbup: Lots of baby dust your way!!:af::dust:

slippery, wet and clear?

Yes, go and BD! That's EWCM and the most fertile CM you can get!

Not sure about when you get it though as I've heard different things (I don't get it at all, which is why I started temping). Some women get it for days before O, some during, some even get it in the TWW!

But...when it doubt, bang it out!

It was slippery when I wiped and then I checked after I wiped and it was wet.

Out of interest, what did your cervix feel like? Was it open for business last night? :happydance: Xx

It's weird because the opening always feels about the same to me? It is the small dimple hole right? LOL!!:shrug: Also the opening is facing my tailbone???? Is that normal?? For example, if I was laying on my back the opening would be facing towards the bed. Sorry if that's TMI. :dohh: So if my husband's penis goes in on the top side and he ejaculates, the sperm would have to go down and around. I'm confused.:cry:

I feel like my cervix is always a little open...though there is a big difference between when I'm ovulating and when I'm between the end of AF and O day.

You probably just have a tilted cervix...it's pretty common, I have one myself. It won't hinder TTC at all so don't worry. The smermy know what to do!

Ok cool...that makes me feel better. Yeah it gets softer around ovulation and harder when I'm not ovulating. It also moves up and down throughout my cycle too. What are yours? How does it change around ovulation? Hahaha!! Cracks me up I'm asking about your cervix. LOL!!!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->