Feeling cervix to track ovulation?

Check out a site called 'my beautiful cervix'. It's got lots of useful info and photos. x

Ditto on the 'my beautiful cervix' website...if you can handle the pics (really aren't that bad) you will learn a lot.

I just had a hissy fit myself checking my cervix so I think I need to stop.

Around ovulation I feel like my cervix moves a lot, but its always kinda high and softish and open, sometimes feeling more open than other days.

This morning I felt like it was in SHOW position, freaked out because i thought I hadn't ovulated yet and we haven't BD'd since Monday. Then I checked again like 2 hours later and it's super high, starting to firm and closed.

So it goes to show, you really can't use it as a reliable tool for anything. It just moves/changes so much.

Those photos...... :help:

They scare me. lol

I feel something soft and fairly close to the entrance everytime I check for CM. Is that my cervix? I've never really felt an opening and it always feels really low and soft.....could just be the walls, I wouldn't have the first clue. :nope:

Yeah I've read that it gets higher and softer around ovulation and lower and harder when you're not fertile. But then I swore I read somewhere the complete opposite...LOL!!:dohh: I'm going to check out that website! We'll see what it says for giggles...:haha:

They scare me. lol

I feel something soft and fairly close to the entrance everytime I check for CM. Is that my cervix? I've never really felt an opening and it always feels really low and soft.....could just be the walls, I wouldn't have the first clue. :nope:

That's probably not your cervix is every time you feel it close to the entrance.

Reach up as high as you can, when you first start out it's hard to tell because everything feels sqishy in there. You'll know you are feeling your cervix because you can feel the opening (it will either be open, closed or inbetween).

They scare me. lol

That's probably not your cervix is every time you feel it close to the entrance.

Reach up as high as you can, when you first start out it's hard to tell because everything feels sqishy in there. You'll know you are feeling your cervix because you can feel the opening (it will either be open, closed or inbetween).

I will try later....this will be interesting. LOL

Good luck Crystal!! :flasher: LOL!! :thumbup: Seems strange, but it's quite interesting!! You'll have to let me know how it went! LOL!!!:haha: Mine right now is really high, can hardly get to it with my middle finger. That's a good sign right?:?:

Okay, after looking at pictures and finally knowing what the cervix actually looks like I ran to the loo at work and went in to feel (TMI?). LOL

I definitely felt it....it didn't feel particularly high but it was definitely closed...does that mean I'm not ovulating anymore? My tests this AM were unclear....I had a negative digital, 1 positive cheapie, and another a tiny bit lighter than the control line cheapie.

Yesterday both cheapies were positive, digi was negative (as always).

My temps have been super unclear.

Crystal - if it's closed, then you have probably already ovulated, or haven't yet. Sorry I can't really tell you a more clear answer on that one.

Mrs Reineke - Yes, super high is a good thing! Are you ovulating? Mine is super high when I'm ovulating...which from all accounts seems to have been CD13 (Tuesday) and then it moved down for a while, now it's super high again (but closed).

Crystal - if it's closed, then you have probably already ovulated, or haven't yet. Sorry I can't really tell you a more clear answer on that one.

Mrs Reineke - Yes, super high is a good thing! Are you ovulating? Mine is super high when I'm ovulating...which from all accounts seems to have been CD13 (Tuesday) and then it moved down for a while, now it's super high again (but closed).

Thanks. I guess I will just go ahead and keep testing and BD'ing as much as I can.

This would be my second ovulation this month if my app and the OPK's are correct (beginning of month after last months AF and now after this months AF that ended on the 24th)....I don't know how common that is....but I'll keep checking to see if the OPK's keep getting lighter everyday.

If I were you, I would temp.

Generic Apps are super unreliable, and OPK's can only tell you that you are having an LH serge, tons of women have a serge and never ovulate.

If I were you, I would temp.

Generic Apps are super unreliable, and OPK's can only tell you that you are having an LH serge, tons of women have a serge and never ovulate.

I do temp. Every morning at 5:20 on the dot before I even get out of bed. They make no sense.....take a look.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-29-07-25-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-29-07-25-13.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2
Makes total sense! I would just go off your temps alone...they are more reliable, and it sounds like you are very religious with taking them so I would trust them.

However, I feel like I have to say, I recognize the app you are using...can't remember the name right now...that app never had my fertile days and O days correct!! It was so frustrating! It would say I was ovulating when it was clear (from my temps) that I was already a few days past O.

Have you ever tried Fertility Friend?

Makes total sense! I would just go off your temps alone...they are more reliable, and it sounds like you are very religious with taking them so I would trust them.

However, I feel like I have to say, I recognize the app you are using...can't remember the name right now...that app never had my fertile days and O days correct!! It was so frustrating! It would say I was ovulating when it was clear (from my temps) that I was already a few days past O.

Have you ever tried Fertility Friend?

It's called Ovia. In my case my OPK's and temps are leaning more towards me O'ing before the app says I should.

I've downloaded FF a few times and it just looks really confusing....maybe I'll give it another try.

I just downloaded fertility friend a couple days ago. You can do a little instruction thing. It's actually pretty cool!! Check it out again.

I am right around ovulation time. My husband and I BD'd on Sunday and on Tuesday. We need to again tonight. So every other day since Sunday.

I actually found Ovia to be more confusing!! Haha

I think what I like best about FF is that it's pretty straight to the point, plus they have a mobile version, ipad version and desktop version...and they all sync.

The tutorials there are really helpful too!

I had EWCM one time when I wiped after going potty. Does that count?

I had EWCM one time when I wiped after going potty. Does that count?

Count for what? Definitely record it.

Some women get ewcm for a few days before O, some only during and some in the TWW. Tracking all this will help you determine what your norm is.

Yeah I think it happened before ovulation because a couple days later my ovaries were achy and now my cervix is lowering again. Think I'm kind of getting the hang of this. Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->