Feeling Depressed

AsheBro

Ethan and bumps mommy
Reaction score
I guess its just hormones but everything lately has been getting me down. I started contracting on Christmas, contractions lasted all day slowly growing closer but not stronger. Went into L&D just to get checked out, they checked me and I was 1cm and just under 50% effaced baby at -2, I was contracting every 2-3 minutes but it wasn't changing my cervix so they told me they could let me stay the night and monitor me if I wanted. I chose to go home because I wasn't in that much pain or anything. I was 36w3d and they told me they wouldn't stop it but they also wouldn't encourage it as my son was born 36w6d and maybe that was just my body's full term. Went home, went to sleep woke up still contracting but still nothing past mild annoyance and they slowed down a lot too. Next day very little contractions. Next day lost my mucus plug, had a bit of a break down due to so many emotions, a few hours later started getting decently painful (like bad period pains) contractions and DH texted his mom who is a L&D nurse, she said to time them. Again 2-3 minutes apart but not getting stronger than when it started so she said to wait until they get stronger. They never did, went to bed woke up with stronger back pains/contractions but still could talk and walk through them. They weren't in a pattern but they lasted all day until about 8 at night where they finally stopped. Yesterday I cried most of the day between being sick of having contractions that aren't strong enough to go in and lasting most of the day to just being tired in genral, emotionally and physically I've just been feeling so depressed. It started a little over a week ago feeling kinda bummy but has gotten worse since all this "is it real labor or not" stuff I've been dealing with. I'm 37 weeks today and just over everything. I feel like my body isn't doing what it's supposed to, I feel like I'm never going to go into labor and that even though I've been contracting for the last week or so that I'm going to go in to my next doctors visit and nothing is going to have changed. I'm afraid of getting a c-section because baby is probably OP (or at least her back is facing my side) and thats why I'm not making progress. I'm just over everything and I just want to not be pregnant anymore. I never went through this with my son, my water broke and I knew it was time to go. I don't like the uncertanty and the constant stop and go when I get myself prepared that this is it only to have it not happen. I keep praying my water breaks so I can go in knowing for sure it's time, I keep praying for strong consistant contractions. I've been walking my heart out for the last few days hoping it starts things up. I just want my baby to be here, I want to stop feeling like this.

Sorry there's nothing I can do, but I feel for you. Just hang on in there. Every contraction is a step closer to meeting your little one.

Best wishes.

:hugs::hugs: I feel the same way hun and have been having false alarms. DD1 & DD2 were premature, so this is my first time experiencing a full-term pregnancy. I can't say I'm getting depressed, but I am getting impatient. I probably would be super depressed even outside of this situation if I wasn't on Zoloft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->