feeling down - grumpy baby

T

tinytoes

i love my little man so much but sometimes his sheer grumpiness or shyness gets me down. He hates:

the car.
the pushchair / stroller.
the front carrier.
the outside world.

The only way I can go out is to take him in the sling.
If he starts crying when we're out it's so loud and strong and demanding I run for the nearest way home. He wont stop until I'm holding him and even then it can take some time. pretty much every time we're out there's a tantrum. i think he wants to stay home all the time!!!
Anyone else feel a bit paniced about going out with baby? if i go to supermarket i do a mad dash as i know after 10 minutes or so he'll scream. i even feel unnerved about going to friends houses sometimes....
when we're out the world seems full of calm content babies...
LOs cry affects me so much - i guess thats a biological thing - others babies crys dont bother me one bit.

normally i feel fine anout it but today its got me down and i just snapped at baby and OH, telling them both to shut up :-(
Oooh. :-(

is it just his age? i mean, am i being unfair?.....sorry LO...

Hey hun,

Just wanted to let know know it gets easier as it goes on. I think you just need to persevere. Sometimes you have to let them cry, obviously not to the point of them going bright red. Caitlyn never used to like it any way other than me carrying her, wouldnt have it in her pram or the sling. Now she has got to like to look around a bit more, just likes reassurance that i am still there so i talk to her all the time.

Hope it gets better for you soon hun

xxx :hugs:

Alasdair is good outside but I do get really anxious that he's going to start crying...so I can understand how it is upsetting for you.

I think Amy is right and it'll get better as he gets older and more interested in what's going on. At the moment, you're his everything and it makes sense he should want you all for himself!

I'm no expert, but what do you do at home, when Jensen's awake but settled I'll go downstairs or in another room for a few mins (making his bottles or whatever) and when I hear him grumbling then I'll go and tend to him.

Just trying to get him used to me going away for a few mins and letting him know I'll always come back to him.

Like I say I'm not expert tho!

Hope you find a solution x

I'm no expert, but what do you do at home, when Jensen's awake but settled I'll go downstairs or in another room for a few mins (making his bottles or whatever) and when I hear him grumbling then I'll go and tend to him.

Just trying to get him used to me going away for a few mins and letting him know I'll always come back to him.

Like I say I'm not expert tho!

Hope you find a solution x

yes i do the same - Ted will be happy on his mat in living room while i tidy kitchen etc..he is getting better at this i must say.

Bren HATES the car, he cries and cries and cries in it. It is driving me nuts, to the point I don't want to go anywhere, but that is not how life works. Today after listening for a good 15 minutes all I could thing was 'shut up shut up shut up shut up' I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of to see what it is that he hates, and can't figure it out. His crying just makes me on edge immediatly, and I become distracted while driving, neither of which are good. I am so hoping he grows out of it.

He is now better in the stroller, now that I can sit him up and he can look around. I would put him in it, and we would go for a walk, started with 5-10 minutes and are building up from there.

Does he face you in the pram? :D

I was going to ask that - if you can get something where he can at least see you're there and you can talk to him/sing/make funny faces he might be a bit happier? It does get better though :hugs: x

:hug: I hate leaving the house too, sometimes she's okay, sometimes she isn't and I never know until I get out what kind of day she's going to have

Have you tried putting a mobile or something in his pram? My boy has his bad days with the car and all I do is turn his mini-mobile on and just the slight movement and the tune settles him down. I've actually pulled over a few times to turn it on. I can't stand the tune, but at least its better than him crying.

Hope things get better soon. I know its hard, but try not stress about it too much and keep taking him out. If you stress he will react to it. The more you take him out, the more he will get used to it.

nope...i realise here lies a problem.
So I did try him in an old second hand one i have which does face me and he hated it too...
I'd invest in a nice new one facing me with great suspension etc but i fear he'd hate that too and it'd be a wate of money!?

Have you tried putting a mobile or something in his pram? My boy has his bad days with the car and all I do is turn his mini-mobile on and just the slight movement and the tune settles him down. I've actually pulled over a few times to turn it on. I can't stand the tune, but at least its better than him crying.

Hope things get better soon. I know its hard, but try not stress about it too much and keep taking him out. If you stress he will react to it. The more you take him out, the more he will get used to it.

thanks. i'll keep trying. we've an errand to run later today so he'll have to put up with it..

I think he is still very young, and while some babies are fine with going out straight away and getting to know new things, many other babies love their mummies too much and want to cling to them for as long as possible. To be honest, I'd take it as a compliment. My LO can't wait to leave me.. :rofl:

i've made many a dash home (had to leave my shopping at the checkout once!).

i dread going into town to do things esp when i have to get the bus anywhere (i don't drive). i have my 6 weeks check up tomorrow and i am dreading it as i need to get on the bus! Ali does sleep in the buggie but it is hell getting him into it if he awake (not so bad if sleepy as i just push it back and forth) as he will scream to the point as if he is chocking.

i have loads to do at the moment and they are involve going outdoors i.e. bank, council tax office etc and i am dreading it. he just screams, and screams if he is unhappy. i think it is the people staring that upset me, not the actual screams as babies cry, it is normal.

i hope it improves for you hun.

:hug:

Christine
X

i've made many a dash home (had to leave my shopping at the checkout once!).

i dread going into town to do things esp when i have to get the bus anywhere (i don't drive). i have my 6 weeks check up tomorrow and i am dreading it as i need to get on the bus! Ali does sleep in the buggie but it is hell getting him into it if he awake (not so bad if sleepy as i just push it back and forth) as he will scream to the point as if he is chocking.

i have loads to do at the moment and they are involve going outdoors i.e. bank, council tax office etc and i am dreading it. he just screams, and screams if he is unhappy. i think it is the people staring that upset me, not the actual screams as babies cry, it is normal.

i hope it improves for you hun.

:hug:

Christine
X

awwww there is some comfort knowing I'm not alone in this!!! I know that crying to the point of choking thing.
Here's hoping your little man calms down soon too!

mine has days like this...i think the more chance the babies have to experience the thing that makes them cry, ie going outdoors, the more they'll get used to it and stop crying? i mean, surely they;ll get sick of crying eventually????? (I live in this hope!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->