Feeling dumb...

cparks1

Reaction score
I know there are certain foods that we are supposed to stay away from especially tuna and fish (which I don't like anyways, so that part is easy). I didn't know deli meat was a factor. I like going to Subway and someone told me today that I shouldn't eat there. Also, I sometimes get turkey or ham from the deli at the grovery store. Are these really that bad? I like hot dogs too and usually warm them up in the microwave, but I can grill them on the George Foreman to make sure those all cooked all the way through. Also, can you really not have fried eggs with a runny yolk? That is soo good. I know there have been threads on what you can and cannot eat. I read it in the book, but I must not have seen this part. I feel ignorant on this subject, I'm sorry.

i have been staying away from runny yolk eggs and i love them too!!
also things that have egg yolk in thats not cooked.
obviously alcohol, raw fish or meat
i heat the hotdogs in the microwave tho ive only eaten them once: heres a tip if u have indigestion dont eat hotdogs burping hotdog is absolutely disgusting.
also keep caffeine to a minimum like one cup a day and diet soda too.

i dont go crazy but i try stick to all that
congrats..

also keep caffeine to a minimum like one cup a day and diet soda too.

congrats..

Make sure the diet Soda does not have Aspartame in it. Try to stay away from artificial sweetners. Those are not recommended at all during pregnancy. Splenda is ok to use though.

I will read you post ^ in a mo, I was just doing thread about you when I saw you had posted this......

Did you post about your scan? I was wondering how it went, and if you did AND I replied, then sorry :blush: :lol: But you have been on my mind! x

Now for this post:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/866-not-eat-during-pregnancy.html

Runny yolks I craved for and missed like mad, all I wanted was a fried egg sandwich :cry:

I avoid runny egg yolks or anything really that's not fully cooked. As for the deli meats I've read that they are ok as long as you cook them first. Whenever I eat a ham and cheese sandwich I fry the ham in a skillet for a few minutes!

That's so sweet of you to think of me Tam. Monday we got to hear the heart beat. It was so amazing. They didn't do a scan, they just only let us hear the heart beat. They said the baby's heart beat was very strong and normal. I go back Feb. 7th for another appointment, they said I don't get a scan until 20 weeks so I'm not sure when I will get it cause I'll be 17 weeks at my next appointment.

To the other post, I try not to drink pop period, but the main one I drink is Sprite but it has no caffeine. If I do drink regular pop, I only drink one a day and I don't do diet (yuk!). I'll just be more careful.

Thanks for posting the website on the foods we need to avoid, I really appreciate it and so does baby.

Glad all went ok and you got to hear your babies heartbeat I had been thinking of you...x

Thank you all for replying and thinking of me and the baby. I appreciate your posts. Have a great day everyone, tomorrow is Friday (Yay....).:happydance:

I am so pleased it all went fine babe and the hearbeat was strong!!! :happydance:x

Runny eggs are advised as a no-no but you can have limited tuna, I think its like 3 tins a week and 2 fresh tuna steaks a week

I asked my midwife about Tuna as i love it and used to have it every day! I thought it was one tin but she advised i could have 2 tins!

I thought i was pretty clued up on what to and not to eat by now, didn't realise about fried eggs! i have had them a few times whilst pregnant.

I've read that raw eggs aren't healthy but apparently mayonnaise that you buy in shops is fine. Yet it contains raw egg. I suppose it's the enviroment in which you find these things. The thing harmful in these things are the diseases I believe.
Like ham etc. If it's not found lying around amongst other meats all day then it's safer. If I eat deli meat I make sure it's cooked. Like hotdogs I boil first. Ham and cheese sandwiches are toasted.

My OB/GYN gave me the wierdest look when I went on about food I shouldn't eat. He's been doing his job for decades. He's delivered lots and lots of babies and all he said was "If you wouldn't touch it before you were pregnant don't touch it now" LOL he hadn't heard of deli meats being bad.

I'm still very wary of what food I eat but I've always been a fussy eater so my OB/GYN's advise works for me. I don't eat dodgy food lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->