Feeling Emotional and scared

LovelyAim

Reaction score
Feeling upset today, had a few sarcastic comments from my partners mom, and normally I let them slide but iv just had enough, The one which really Pissed me off was when she said why don't you call your child John snow. I don't watch game of thrones so I'm oblivious to what she meant untill my partner who was laughing at her inside joke told me to Google it, and it came up with a 14 year old Bast*rd CHILD!! Alright we arnt married but we are engaged and live together where as her older son had a child when he wasn't married or even living with his partner. And it made me more angry that my partner laughed at it. I just feel really disheartened. Plus I'm having a boy can't find any names or even clothes I like and when I do his mom finds something rude to say. Am I over reacting? I just don't feel excited anymore... and I feel do bad for not being excited as I was 😳😳

I hate it when people make jokes at the expense of others. They are not funny at all. Big hugs for you. Don't let her childish behaviour get to you. Is this your first baby? It sounds like your partners mother is feeling jealous. I wish people would deal with their own emotions before putting their negative energy on others.
As for naming your baby I personally keep it quiet until the birth as people always give their opinions. Perhaps look on the 'baby name's' board on here for some suggestions. Stay strong lovey

If she really meant that that's pretty horrible :(
But maybe she meant something else that you didn't get because you don't know Game of Thrones? Jon Snow is a pretty complex/important character that has a lot going for him other than the ******* part.

Some people! I've been with my partner for 12 years....we are expecting our first. My sister is a year older than me and she just got married for the second time, since OH and I have been together....family kept joking at the wedding that my 7 year old niece will probably get married before us....really had to bite my tongue so many times that day!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->