Feeling guilty

Aphrodite

Reaction score
We only found out I was pregnant on Monday and I'm already 8 wks. As you can see by my signature we had IVF for DS and never thought we would conceive naturally.

It was obviously a massive shock but me and DH just can't get our heads around it. We were just settling down to life with Jack and enjoying him, I'm about to start my first nursing job...and then a surprise BFP!

I know we should be ecstatic and I am excited, but I'm more feeling like, 'It's too soon, I'm not ready, how will I cope, do I want two babies so close together? Our families are all absolutely thrilled, my Dad even took cake into work to celebrate. Yet thismorning I just found myself sitting on my bed crying feeling so confused. Its probably the hormones but knowing I should be happier than I am is making me feel worse. I'm not UNhappy. Just overwhelmed and shocked I think. I hope I start feeling more excited soon :(

First of all congrats! And I don't think what anyone feels during pregnancy is wrong as you really can't help it, as you say i'm sure its just hormones and you'll soon be jumping for joy! x

Congratulations. I think its only natural to feel the way your feeling. I've been desperate for a baby ever since OH and my self got together, but when i got my BFP i was so scared, didn't know what to do, am i mature enough the list goes on. But remember at the end of that 9 months your going to have a gorgeous little baby thats part of you.

H & H 9 moths hun

Im sure its natural to feel that way. When I found out I was pregnant after our first attempt I was in shock and my initial reaction was that it happened too quickly. I went through so many emotions. There were times when I was crying uncontrollably and telling my OH I didnt want the baby and felt like I just wanted things to be like they were before. Hormones play a huge part as does the intial shock of it. Im now over the moon about it but it took a little while to get my head round it. Hugs. xx

Aww congrats!!! I am sure you are just scared. I am so happy for you. It will all work out just fine xx

Fantastic news!

We were waiting for my period to begin to start the hormone treatments for IVF as doctors had told me that I would have problems conceiving, but got pregnant naturally -- I'm 25wks+1 and still shocked!

best wishes

I fell pregnant with this baby on the pill (I was silly with it though!) and when I took a test and got a positive I actually cried I panicked freaked you name it! I didn't feel ready at all but abortion was never an option. Me and bf have only been together 7 months and I felt it was far to soon to be starting a family together!

However once we got over the shock etc. We actually became happy and excited by the fact I was pregnant :D I bet this will be the same for you once the initial shock subsides you'll feel blessed and happy, I'm a strong believer in that things happen for a reason :)

Congrats btw :D

I know how you feel. My DD is 11 months old and will be 18 when this one arrives. I am not with the father anymore cause he is basically an arse!! I felt I didnt want this baby either. But I am slowly getting my head around being a mummy again. I know it doesnt feel like it now, but you will start to change you POV.

Chin up :hugs: xx

Thanku ladies :flower:

I'm feeling better about it today, its been a week and I'm actually excited now :) Ive read what my baby is doing, like has fingers etc and it did make me feel excited. I think I was just so scared of pregnancy and birth again. Like, now I know whats coming its a WHOLE different ball game. But it will be worth it for beautiful little baby :)

Congratulations! But I think as soon as you see the little tyke on the ultrasound scan you will feel completely different :)

In the meantime, try giving this article a read: https://stayathomemoms.about.com/od/raisingyourchildren/a/Should-I-Have-A-Second-Baby.htm

Hope you feel better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->