feeling helpless

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
my babys only 5 and half weeks old and hes got colic and sometimes he just crys and crys and allways seems in pain i try everything to settle him but nothing works and i just feel so helpless at the moment , none of the medicines seem to working either ? hes also on medicine for reflux as dr thinks he may have that but it hasnt made a difference so not sure if he has got that now and he never sleeps for very long. anyone else been or is in the same situation ?

Have you tried fennel water?

You can buy a fennel baby drink (comes in a powder and you mix it up with cooled, boiled water). My healthy visitor suggested it for Anna and it's supposed to be very good...

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time :hugs:

Have you tried a sling? I've heard that wearing your baby can help them. Also baby massage can help them sometimes. He will grow out of it - eventually

I used to lay paige over my legs and then just used to sit there and rub her back for AGES!! It worked though eventually brought up some wind x x

Sorry hun I have no advice :( Seth has been terrible with it today though, he's just cried all day and he never usually cries that much at all. I feel so awful for him but it takes forever to even get one little burp up. My health visitor suggested infacol after he's 5 weeks old, so maybe that might help for you? She said ultimately though you just have to ride it out and wait for them to get over it :( Its very sad though.

Hope you both feel better soon

xxx

:nope: just wanted to stop by with ((hugs)) Will the wee man sleep in the car? in the buggy? the sling sounds a good idea too to get you some rest. My son had severe reflux hun and he was quite a placid little baby just puked 5-7 times a day!! and choked alot! It is probably the colic and I have no advice as I dont think none of my kids ever had colic too bad.

Have you ever heard of a cranial osteopath? This can be VERY effective and work quite quickly. I'm not sure of the cost but money that could be very well spent for a happy baby. Its worth a try hun.

Try this link to find one in your area

https://aolsearch.aol.co.uk/aol/sea...query=cranial+osteopaths+in+west+midlands&rp=

:hugs:

Heres also a link telling you abit about cranial osteopathy

https://www.cam.org.nz/Treatment Me... colic Plain-language Summary - 03 Aug 06.htm

I hope things get better soon for him Coz (& you guys) x

I still only get one three hour stretch and the rest are one hour stretches the rest of the night. Some nights things seem like they might be getting better though. At night before bed I give a bottle of breast milk with gas medication and gripe water which normally helps with gas for 5 hours. I hope things get better for you soon, I know we normally post similar posts about lack of sleep. I've also started using white noise when we go to bed and it seems to make him settle faster then before on getting him back to bed in the middle of the night. :hugs:

Have you tried fennel water?

You can buy a fennel baby drink (comes in a powder and you mix it up with cooled, boiled water). My healthy visitor suggested it for Anna and it's supposed to be very good...

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time :hugs:

oh no i havnt tryed it, is it for colic then ? xx

Have you tried a sling? I've heard that wearing your baby can help them. Also baby massage can help them sometimes. He will grow out of it - eventually

i havnt got a sling but my hv was suppose to get someone to get in contact with me about the massage but no one has yet, i also heard it was really good for it xx

I used to lay paige over my legs and then just used to sit there and rub her back for AGES!! It worked though eventually brought up some wind x x

i also do that sometimes i find it can help to bring up wind too, but i usually try every position possible as hes such a windy baby lol xx

Sorry hun I have no advice :( Seth has been terrible with it today though, he's just cried all day and he never usually cries that much at all. I feel so awful for him but it takes forever to even get one little burp up. My health visitor suggested infacol after he's 5 weeks old, so maybe that might help for you? She said ultimately though you just have to ride it out and wait for them to get over it :( Its very sad though.

Hope you both feel better soon

xxx

thanks ive tryed infacol i used it from when he was 1 week old for a few weeks but it didnt help much so im trying dentinox now which i find a little better but not great either, it is so horrible seeing them like this :hissy: xxx

:nope: just wanted to stop by with ((hugs)) Will the wee man sleep in the car? in the buggy? the sling sounds a good idea too to get you some rest. My son had severe reflux hun and he was quite a placid little baby just puked 5-7 times a day!! and choked alot! It is probably the colic and I have no advice as I dont think none of my kids ever had colic too bad.

Have you ever heard of a cranial osteopath? This can be VERY effective and work quite quickly. I'm not sure of the cost but money that could be very well spent for a happy baby. Its worth a try hun.

Try this link to find one in your area

https://aolsearch.aol.co.uk/aol/sea...query=cranial+osteopaths+in+west+midlands&rp=

:hugs:

yes my LO loves sleeping in the car and pram too shame i cant sleep whilst im out though its so annoying , the cranial osteopath looks great but i wouldnt have the money for it, looks like il just have to ride it out :hissy: xxx

I still only get one three hour stretch and the rest are one hour stretches the rest of the night. Some nights things seem like they might be getting better though. At night before bed I give a bottle of breast milk with gas medication and gripe water which normally helps with gas for 5 hours. I hope things get better for you soon, I know we normally post similar posts about lack of sleep. I've also started using white noise when we go to bed and it seems to make him settle faster then before on getting him back to bed in the middle of the night. :hugs:

yes ive noticed we both write similer threads lol i cant wait for the days when he sleeps right through but doesnt it seem like its never gonna happen right now xxx

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time at the mo:hugs:
I had problems with Jacks wind which I find easier after a tip I had to lay baby on their back on your knees so his head is by your knees & cycle babys legs as if they are riding a bike - I only do this for a minute or two then sit Jack on my lap with my hand right on his stomach leaning him forward & rub his back & his wind comes straight up. Another tip I had for colic off my MW was to swaddle baby tightly in a blanket so he feels secure & it will help to calm him down - she said that colic is stomach cramps similar to period pains & that no colic medicine will help in the long run, it is just that babys system has to learn to cope with being outside the womb.
Hope things get better for you soon!

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time at the mo:hugs:
I had problems with Jacks wind which I find easier after a tip I had to lay baby on their back on your knees so his head is by your knees & cycle babys legs as if they are riding a bike - I only do this for a minute or two then sit Jack on my lap with my hand right on his stomach leaning him forward & rub his back & his wind comes straight up. Another tip I had for colic off my MW was to swaddle baby tightly in a blanket so he feels secure & it will help to calm him down - she said that colic is stomach cramps similar to period pains & that no colic medicine will help in the long run, it is just that babys system has to learn to cope with being outside the womb.
Hope things get better for you soon!

thanks for the tips hun will give them a go today xxx

hey coz, you can get this stuff in boots called colief. it's amazing. jacob used to be a nightmare, but when we use that he is happy and normal! it's worth a try.

This is a little unconventional advice, and it might seem a little strange...

Get the book "The happiest baby on the block" and read it. It notes that non industrialised countries have never seen or heard a colicky baby. They don't exist! Then it goes into a lot of things you can do to ease your baby into life outside the womb- which takes another 3 months (they call this the 4th trimester.)

It makes a ton of sense, and if you think about it... isn't it the third month when colic is supposed to go away? Basicly babies aren't completely developed or prepared emotionally for life outside the womb. And those that are more emotionally sensitive about that transition tend to exhibit what we know as colic. Our job as mommies and daddies is to help baby learn how to self soothe, and help them to know that we are there for them to love and care and comfort. This bond seems to be established somewhere between birth and 3 months :)

Something to think about :)
https://www.thehappiestbaby.com/

hey coz, you can get this stuff in boots called colief. it's amazing. jacob used to be a nightmare, but when we use that he is happy and normal! it's worth a try.

i was going to try it untill i heard it was 10 pound a bottle ...eek xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->