feeling helpless

This is a little unconventional advice, and it might seem a little strange...

Get the book "The happiest baby on the block" and read it. It notes that non industrialised countries have never seen or heard a colicky baby. They don't exist! Then it goes into a lot of things you can do to ease your baby into life outside the womb- which takes another 3 months (they call this the 4th trimester.)

It makes a ton of sense, and if you think about it... isn't it the third month when colic is supposed to go away? Basicly babies aren't completely developed or prepared emotionally for life outside the womb. And those that are more emotionally sensitive about that transition tend to exhibit what we know as colic. Our job as mommies and daddies is to help baby learn how to self soothe, and help them to know that we are there for them to love and care and comfort. This bond seems to be established somewhere between birth and 3 months :)

Something to think about :)
https://www.thehappiestbaby.com/

i hope it does go away in the 3rd month allthough i heard they can have it up to 6 months , ive tryed everything i can but hes such a windy baby its unbeleiveable but hel grow out of it eventually, hes been a little better the last couple of days and i finally managed to get some sleep last night without him being awake for hours so i feel so much better today xxx

i hope it does go away in the 3rd month allthough i heard they can have it up to 6 months , ive tryed everything i can but hes such a windy baby its unbeleiveable but hel grow out of it eventually, hes been a little better the last couple of days and i finally managed to get some sleep last night without him being awake for hours so i feel so much better today xxx

:happydance:

You never know how much you'd miss 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep, till you haven't had more than that total over a 3 day period...

:dohh:

:baby:

:happydance:

You never know how much you'd miss 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep, till you haven't had more than that total over a 3 day period...

:dohh:

:baby:

i know i never though id appreciate 4 hours straight sleep so much in all my life haha

When my little boy was a baby he suffered from colic really bad! My health visitor sugested i tried coleif which i did and i found it helped him SO much. It costs around 9-10 pounds from boots and it's only a tiny bottle but it goes a long way as you only add a few drops to his milk and it brought his wind up right away. Worth a try i say!

brendan was like this it was so difficult the only thing that worked for him is infacol it was a godsend for me and also even if he hadnt had a bottle i would sit and wind him quite a lot, hope you find something that works for you soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->