Feeling hot and dizzy with heart palpitations?

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Can this be normal at all? Sometimes I HAVE to lay down because I get so uncomfortable, and I'm always dying in heat while everyone else is cold... could this be a sign of a problem?

Thank you

How's your blood pressure been? It's been hard to separate here because it is soooooo hot so that's normally/constant, but right around 22 weeks i had a little fainting spell because my blood pressure got sooooo low. Everything was fine, they just told me to stay as cool as possible and stay super hydrated and kick my feet up if i was getting dizzy. It was no biggie for me but scared the heck out of poor dh. Might be worth a call to your doc (i never called mine about it, but went in when i passed out and they said it was normal but my body just had an extreme response in that instant -it was also 95 degrees outside and i may have been hanging out outside with hubby while he did some painting and stood up to fast...)

ohh I can imagine that horrified him! As far as I know my blood pressure has been alright. Around 14 weeks it was very low while I was in the hospital getting my appendix out, but they weren't worried at all.. It could very well be that but they never tell me what my blood pressure is during routine visits so I assume it's fine heh.
I think the heart palpitations scare me the most, I am doing almost nothing and my heart just starts practically beating out of my chest..can that be blood pressure too?

I get the heart palpaltations, too. Ive had them with every pregnancy, and it is normal for me, but It can be a symptom of thyroid issues or other (minor) issues that could cause you to be miserable. Are you taking an iron supplement? You do want to be sure to right now, as you don't want to get anemic, which can also cause this symptom.Otherwise, I agree with what Tina has said above. By the way, your blood pressure may come up as being completely normal when checked, but if we stand still for too long, get up quickly, move too fast, get too hot, etc, our blood pressure will suddenly rise or fall, cause crazy symptoms. It is all usually caused by the extra blood volume in our bodies throughout pregnancy.

Well palpitations are very normal. last time my doc said he would be more worried if I wasn't getting them with all that extra blood pumping around. They are that common. but it could really just be how heat effects you, I k ow I am boiling all the time when everyone else is cold, it is just pregnancy. but it is certainly worth getting a check up to be sure x

Ohh that's true. I do take my prenatal and made sure it has iron in it.. my last pregnancy I was anemic and ive figured it definitely could happen again, I'm also much heavier this time around and dealing with a lot more discomfort than I had last time. I have an appointment with my midwife in a week and I'll have to remember to ask her then. I am absolutely boiling all the time as well and everyone else is cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->