Feeling housebound

seattlemama

Mommy & Pregnant!!
Reaction score
I absolutely love being home with my little guy but its so hard to not get out and do things. It has been really nice here the last few days and I just wanted to get out and about and enjoy the sun, we went for a small walk, but Im not supposed to do much walking. And he has been really fussy lately, he has really bad gas a lot of the time so he will just scream until he toots or poops... can get really frustrating because I cant help him but hold him and that doesnt help. So because he has been so fussy I cant seem to even get dressed during the day let alone get out of the house! I am starting to feel a bit of cabin fever.

Is anyone else feeling this way?

Valerie is still only a week and 3 days old, but I am beginning to feel this way, also. My DH leaves for work in the morning and returns at night and I am home with her all day long, not really able to go anywhere or do much of anything. Like you said, don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE being home with her all the time, but I'm ready for the days where I can take her to the store with me or feel physically ready to go for a walk late afternoon. I guess just doing something would be good right now. She's a great baby and sleeps and eats great during the day, but with the c-section I'm still sore and having bladder issues so I'm slow with getting around.

It'll get better! :)

I also felt like this from time to time when Juleika was a newborn!

but I always cheered myself up with the thought, how lucky I am to be a mummy and not to have to go to work ;)

and don't worry, hun, when he is a little bit older you can do many things with him :hi:

and let's be honest, as well soon enough, in their teens they don't want to be with the parents anymore, but want to explore their own way :cry:

so, just enjoy the time with him you have together :hug:

I can't wait for the days where I can get up, shower, and do my makeup again.

re the wind, have you tried some baby massage? It can be really good for wind problems

i still feel like this and summer is 5 weeks old, her feeds are still all over the place at the mo but we have changed her milk today so hopefully it will settle her more in between feeds and we can then get out and do more!

I felt like this when I had my son. When I got the confidence to go out after a few weeks, nothing could stop me.

:hug:

I know what you mean with this lovely weather all ive wanted to do was get LO in the buggy and go for a walk :cloud9:

but I cant due to being in car crash at 20 weeks PG (wont go into boring detail ) but Im still suffering the after effects and still using a stick, its horrible feeling like your stuck in the house 24-7

:hug: im sure things will get better

I had a rough recovery and I didn't really go out much for 2 weeks after Mia was born, but now I take every chance I can to take her out for a stroll and I am truly loving it.

It does get better, no worries.

I treasure the days I actually have time to brush my teeth before my husband gets home!

haha... I usually get to brush my teeth around 3pm. I'm looking pretty scary these days, I can't wait to go out for a day of beauty. I feel like I need to be on one of those makeover shows on TLC because I have let myself go since having my little guy since I rarely have time to do anything. I really need an eyebrow wax and some highlights LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->