Feeling Isolated!

topgashead

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been reading these forums for months but have never posted but I am feeling really isolated and need someone to talk to besides by husband!

We have been trying to conceive for 5 cycles. My cycles are between 25-27 days. I am currently on cycle day 31, making me at least 4-6 days late for my period and 17dpo, which has never happened before (I'm no more stressed than usual!). I am usually early if anything, with the last few cycles being 23 and 24 days!

I had a possible implantation bleed (tiny amount of light pink blood once on toilet tissue after wiping) 6dpo with AF-like cramps. I had no PMS symptoms (usually get spots and sore breasts 3-4 days before). My breasts have become sore since being late and I have had on and off AF-like pains in lower abdomen since 14dpo. No sign of AF at all.

However, I had a BFN on clear blue digital at 14dpo. All the signs tell me that we have been successful this cycle, but the evidence doesn't back it up! I thought clear blue was pretty reliable? I broke down after seeing the BFN so I'm terrified to test again.

What are people's thoughts? Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

Lucy x

I have had similar experiences, but I'm sorry to say they are usually caused by an ovulation later than I expected or later than usual. Remember, you body can gear up to ovulate and then delay a few days so without a temperature confirmation, it could just be that...but then again, it could be pregnancy. Some gals don't get a BFP until about 16-20dpo. it's possible with later implantation.

On an emotional note, don't feel isolated! I know exactly how you feel. i read posts for months before joining and am so glad I did. i joined finally because i had an ectopic pregnancy and was in absolute despair. being able to talk it out with the ladies on this forum is what kept me from going crazy with hopelessness and grief. That and yoga :) Hang in there, follow a couple people, learn what you can and feel free to vent! I can be your first friend if you want:)

I really don't have more to add than what LTweety said---she's on point!

From what you wrote of your symptoms, I am encouraged for you :D --and I certainly hope this is your BFP!...if not, yes please post here ;) I lurked a long time too, basically afraid that my thoughts were going to seen as goofy, alarmist, or just plain dumb--and none of the above happened, and in fact, it's a relief when I see a post from someone else who has the same feelings--like it makes mine feel more 'validated'---and you never know when you may be doing that for someone else too :D

BIGHUGS TO YOU (both!)--and here's to healthy BFP's soon!

Thank you so much lovelies! Still no af, now 8 days late. Never been late before so I'm feeling hopeful that my experience 2 weeks ago was implantation spotting. Cramps are lessening but breasts are painful as is lower back. All signs point to pregnancy but I'm terrified to test again. My poor husband is desperate to know! Will be testing first thing Saturday and will update then! Thanks again xxx

I can't wait to hear what your test says! I was late a few times while ttc and the negative tests kept bumming me out...so this time when I tested negative, even was in the hospital for being sick and tested negative there...then all of a sudden a couple days later there was that faint little line. It was weird because going by my last period when I had my first ultra sound I was eight weeks, but I must have ovulated late or something because u/s measured 6weeks3days. So I'm very hopeful for you that you'll get that bfp tomorrow! Good luck!

Topgashead - Fingers crossed for you! Test again! If it's negative, could you have a blood test or ultrasound? It could be that you ovulated later than you thought, or you may have a cyst that is pumping out hormones and delaying your period. A blood test would be better than a home preg test (obv), and an ultrasound could tell you if it's a cyst wreaking havoc. At least that way you would know... Being late when you're never late would certainly mess with your head! I so hope you get your positive test!

Topgashead - Fingers crossed for you! Test again! If it's negative, could you have a blood test or ultrasound? It could be that you ovulated later than you thought, or you may have a cyst that is pumping out hormones and delaying your period. A blood test would be better than a home preg test (obv), and an ultrasound could tell you if it's a cyst wreaking havoc. At least that way you would know... Being late when you're never late would certainly mess with your head! I so hope you get your positive test!

I have a GP appointment scheduled for Monday so hopefully this will shed light on the missing period if the next test is negative. I just can't believe I'm this late! It's so unusual, but the negative test 14dpo has scared me! I need to man up!

Thanks for all the support. It's nice to not feel so alone! X

I'll check back Sat! Be sure to update <3 Fingers crossed for you.

Hi LTweety, sorry to hear about that but I would like to ask you, if ovulated later and if there were BDing in the scene say 5 days before expected AF, will one still get pregnant and get period on time but misses the upcoming cycle? Just wondering, dont know if I sounded silly but I did read a similar situation before and I cant trace it back.

topgashead don't give up, here's wishing you a healthy, dark BFP soon! some ladies just get late BFP's, the wait is really hard to handle but anything is possible. Have lotsa faith & Update us after testing. x

I can't wait to hear what your test says! I was late a few times while ttc and the negative tests kept bumming me out...so this time when I tested negative, even was in the hospital for being sick and tested negative there...then all of a sudden a couple days later there was that faint little line. It was weird because going by my last period when I had my first ultra sound I was eight weeks, but I must have ovulated late or something because u/s measured 6weeks3days. So I'm very hopeful for you that you'll get that bfp tomorrow! Good luck!

You mean you were having your period without knowing you were pregnant??

Faithjoy, The Bd only matters in relation to O not AF because your AF actual due date is relative to your O date. The luteal phase doesn't really fluctuate but a day or two (time from O to aF) but the O date can fluctuate from cycle to cycle. So you don't really know if you're "late" unless you know how long your luteal phase length is, and what day you ovulated...scientifically speaking. So if you BD'd five days before your normal cycle length, and you ovulated late, it's possible that you are "late" because you had a delayed ovulation, but it could also mean you're pregnant, if you ovulated late. If you ovulated at an ealrier time, or not at all, you can't fall pregnant that late in your cycle.... Does that make sense?

If you look at my chart below, the red cross is the day I ovulated, and 14-15days from that day, I will either get AF or not if I'm pg. I'm currently 9dpo and won't even start testing until 12-13dpo

Faithjoy, The Bd only matters in relation to O not AF because your AF actual due date is relative to your O date. The luteal phase doesn't really fluctuate but a day or two (time from O to aF) but the O date can fluctuate from cycle to cycle. So you don't really know if you're "late" unless you know how long your luteal phase length is, and what day you ovulated...scientifically speaking. So if you BD'd five days before your normal cycle length, and you ovulated late, it's possible that you are "late" because you had a delayed ovulation, but it could also mean you're pregnant, if you ovulated late. If you ovulated at an ealrier time, or not at all, you can't fall pregnant that late in your cycle.... Does that make sense?

If you look at my chart below, the red cross is the day I ovulated, and 14-15days from that day, I will either get AF or not if I'm pg. I'm currently 9dpo and won't even start testing until 12-13dpo

Yes now it totally make sense, I think its just a regular AF and will try again this cycle. This is my first cycle TTC so was feeling very hopeful. :winkwink:https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/images/smilies/bigwink.gif

Hope you get your BFP soon! x

Hi all, just to update. I tested as soon as I woke up... BFP! Line came up straight away! Thanks for your help and support. X

Thanks so much guys for all the love and support. It's only been 5 months but the bfn's have been tough. I'm so relieved. Good luck to everyone waiting for their BFP. Fingers crossed xx

Thanks ladies. My husband still doesn't believe it! Good luck to all still trying xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->