feeling let down by NHS

Stephanie

Expecting #2
Reaction score
hi i had an appiontment at my local hospital last friday and well compleatly not worth the bus fare and my time.:cry:

when i go there no doctor in the room.
they guessed my hight and told me stand next to nurse and see how much taller or shorter I was next to her.

they will not do a thing for me until i have lost 2 more stone. they will not offer me a blood test or anything. not even a sperm test for my husband.

they gave me no information on anything and due to my cycle changes which i really wanted some help on this the another reason they will see me at the mo. the nurse said when you get back to a regular cycle days contact us(they did not give an email address or phone number to do this so how can I do that) and we will see what will do next all depending on the weight.

Not sure they even had a clue to when i said i do not ovulate every month. they said" what do you mean you do not ovulate every month?":shrug:

Looks like I will have to go through this on my own. I fall pregnant then great if not then not ment to be.

Bloody NHS will not help I can not afford to got private. what to do now????:shrug:

sorry for going on.

:hugs:

It must be your trust hun. I can't fault my NHS. Had a MMC in Nov 09 and they got me straight in for a D&C 3 days later in a private room. I had multiple scans afterwards whenever requested. I went to my GP just before Christmas last year and they referred me straight to hospital and I've already had bloods done, OH has had SA done and I'm just waiting to book Hycosy on cd1 of next cycle (hopefully won't need it as got a very very faint bfp last night).

I am 41 though, have lost 1.5 stone since March last year and TTC our first. I think the NICE guidelines for treatment are different if you already have children, rightly or wrongly.

Hopfully you'l manage without thier help. :hugs:

I can only agree with the above post, however wonder if you've always been at the weight you are now, and have you always had irregular cycles? The reason im asking is that its possible, just possible that your cycles are connected to your weight. Having said that, it doesnt seem as if you had a very good experience at all! im a bit shocked they didnt even measure you properly....

Obviously this is very dissapointing, and i would urge you not take this lying down. Investigate a little on the internet and by all means go to your GP again. You have a right to know why things are not as they should be - its your body and you deserve answers!!

All the best :hugs: xxx

hi ladies thanks for taking the time to respond. I never had a problem with NHS before but once you have 1 baby the next one is just be happy with the one you have attitude. they are doing so much for my sister at the mo and she has just has an op to try and help her.again she is trying for number 1.

I have only put on a stone since my first child and my cycle was totaly regular for 10 or more years until september and then they went hyper and all over the place. I have PCOS and they seemed not even know what that was.

all i wanted to know was why they went like that. and if my other half has any problems.
would have been nice to talk to a doctor and just get a blood test or sperm test for my other half ,any thing. just to rule out any problems. so we can move on.

will loose the weight as i have been anyway since jan. see what happens when i get to what they want. I have no idea what will happen next as they did not even tell me what is next after the weight loss. There is no IVF for new paitients at my hospital due to cuts so that route is closed.

good luck to you ladies and heres to your BFP:hugs:

:hugs:Ok . Take action! Until the new white paper is passed you can be refered to anyhospital you like .go back to your gp and ask tobe refered to one of the better fertility centres. Ask for a second opinion.
Second, immediately contact that hospitals PALS service, every hospital has one. Complain in Writing and keep ringing until you get the result you want.The mere fact that you werent measured properly is actually like me trying to guess your blood pressure and believe or not is a matter that a nurse or doctor could be sacked for. Im a doctor myself and im so angry for you. Pleasedont take this lying down.

My GP suggested he could get a SA for my dh no problem as he has them done all the time. Why dont you go to him, he should be able to do that at least as its not difficult to do or expensive. Barring that Boots sells fertility tests for both men and women. Dont think the women's one is so great but the sperm test will at least give you some peace of mind!

As the above post says, dont give up, be proactive its your body and you have a right to answers!!

:hugs: :hugs:

I would keep pushing. Take it from me - I am like a dog with a bone once I get going.

Keep at them and ask for a second opinion/re referral.

x

I agree with Rumpskin...

Keeping pressure up may help. The NHS seems to work reactively rather than proactively unless you keep pushing or returning to get more help.

hi Ladies

Just to update you all that have added to this thread.

I got my :bfp: this morning and I am still in shock. I just had a feeling this time as I did with my first LO.

I am wishing you all ( and my sister Kaz) and all the other ladies on here all the best and good luck getting your BFPs very soon.

:hugs:
:dust:

Congratulations just been reading your thread lovely surprise to read you are pregnant.:happydance::happydance:
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.....

Yay - brilliant news - there I was getting all wound up about the NHS and you have your BFP - YES!

Brilliant news on the BFP!
Ha! take that NHS! LOL
xxx

Hi thanks guys but had some bad news today. They think it might be eptopic so off for scan tomorrow. Also hgc levels are too low either way looks like i will be starting all over again soon.

Never mind. This time was not ment to be. I will keep on trying.

Xxx

Hi thanks guys but had some bad news today. They think it might be eptopic so off for scan tomorrow. Also hgc levels are too low either way looks like i will be starting all over again soon.

Never mind. This time was not ment to be. I will keep on trying.

Xxx

Oh you poor darling! fingers crossed for you.
:hugs::hugs:

just a quick update

not ectopic but now having a threatend miscarrage. off for more scans either tomorrow or tuesday. the day i started bleeding i went straight to a&e and they found the heartbeat but it was slow and cervix was closed so hopefully all will be ok. still bleeding but slowing down and the pain is way less so fingers crossed for this week.

I am keeping a positive mind with this one and hope it is a fighter.

will keep you upto date

thanks guys x

just a quick update

not ectopic but now having a threatend miscarrage. off for more scans either tomorrow or tuesday. the day i started bleeding i went straight to a&e and they found the heartbeat but it was slow and cervix was closed so hopefully all will be ok. still bleeding but slowing down and the pain is way less so fingers crossed for this week.

I am keeping a positive mind with this one and hope it is a fighter.

will keep you upto date

thanks guys x

I pray things all work out well.
Just so you know,when my Sister was pregnant with my niece she bled almost every month for a day or so, but ended up having a very heathly little girl bang on her due date. I hope you can take some comfort from this?!

Keep us posted
:hugs::hugs:

Sending positive vibes your way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back