Feeling like a bad mom

JASMAK

Mom of three
Reaction score
I am just having a good cry right now, as I am trying to potty train Makena and well, it's going HORRIBLE. I think the worst part is how frustrated I am feeling. She hasn't had even one success. Her whole day is filled with potty videos, taking her to the potty... She doesn't even know how to make herself pee. How do I teach that??? She can sit there for hours, but she can't make herself go. Worse, I got so frustrated that she peed 5 minutes after she got off the potty, that I gave her a timeout. I am not proud of it, so please don't get mad at me. I just feel like it's not working, and I am supposed to do this for 4 weeks??? If she even went once or twice, I would know that I could do this, but when each day it is not going ANYWHERE... it just makes me miserable, and she is miserable too.:cry:

Try not to worry too much xx
Sorry cant be too much of a help as I have never done potty training but we all have bad days so try not to feel hard or a bad mom xx you def arent a bad mom xx
Sorry I cant help further xx

I got so frustrated that she peed 5 minutes after she got off the potty, that I gave her a timeout. I am not proud of it, so please don't get mad at me
Feeling bad sometimes is the worst punishment but no doubt you gave her such a big kiss and love she forgave Mummy :hugs:

Onwards ...you must have been frustrated :hugs:

Good luck the next couple of weeks x

Thanks, altho she still hasn't had any successes, I spoke with her behaviour analyst (who created Makena's toileting program) and we tweaked a few things. So, it is alot less stress. Makena would want to sit there literally for 45 minutes or an hour each time demanding stories and songs etc. Well, now it's 2 minutes tops and no toys allowed! I felt like my whole day was spent in the bathroom!!! Now we are both much happier, although Makena keeps saying "no time-out mommy?". :dohh: Sh*t. I think I *may* have had a case of PMS too...I don't know...I'm on hormone drugs right now!:blush:

Hope it gets easier, at the moment we just try before/after the bath, as he always seems to pee in it.

i have no toilet training advice. but you are not a bad mommy :hugs:

I hope things start to fall into place soon! It doesnt sound easy at all.. i am def not looking forward to it!

How is she doing now? This is an older post. :) I just wanted to say. She may have a few steps back on the PT, then really one day she will pick up on it and not stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->