Feeling like an elephant is on my chest...

PedsNurse27

Reaction score
I am 12 and 4 (I posted this in the first trimester section too, but thinking maybe this group could help too), this has been going on for about 5 days. Throughout the night I wake up with a heavy chest--feels like something heavy is stepping on it. Feels like I almost can't get a deep enough breath in, but yet isn't my lungs. Anyway, I wake up with this feeling and it lasts a little while but gets better throughout the day.
Has anyone else had this? I am SO uncomfortable! Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Could it be indigestion or heartburn? Rennie tablets could help if so, a couple before you go to sleep.

Also, do you sleep on your back, if so, try sleeping on your side to open up your chest.

I am having exactly the same problem you describe,especially at nights-I have to sleep semi upright with lots of pillows now,otherwise,the feeling you describe takes my breath away if i even try to lay flat-I suggest lots and lots of pillows.

I get the same thing with deep heartburn. If it hurts and I lay down, it suddenly feels like I have a huge weight sitting ontop of my chest. I just pile up pillows and sit up a bit, and sometimes some milk helps as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->