Feeling like nothing will work:(

KayeChay

Reaction score
Ok, So I have been feeling pretty down lately. I feel like I'll NEVER get pregnant! I have been taking Vitamins, folic acid, Vitex and Pregesterone cream and charting. I've been taking vitex (2,000 mg) a day, so far for a little over a month and I chart every morning. When I chart my temps are low as 96 and one morning it was 95! What is wrong?!

I'm Very irregular (like having fewer than 1 AFs a year). In January, I went and seen my GP and she said I needed to try for a year without anything (condoms, BC) before she can do anything. So that's why I don't want to go back :nope:

Basically, I had high hopes of Vitex and it's getting me nowhere..
But then I also think it's only been a month of it, I just need to be patient? But when you're TTC with no AFs it's kind of hard no to be patient..

I have had no periods since November..

Oh and also, my GP said to check CM and well I check that too and I'm always DRY!!

Any input ladies?

I just want to sit in a corner and eat oreos..

Thanks for reading and God bless

Sorry, don't have much advice re cycles that long. But have you thought about getting some 'FertileCM' tablets to stimulate your mucus? The reviews seem pretty positive? xx

Hi kayechaye. I feel exactly the same! I posted a thread in ttc#1 about the exact same thing. I honestly feel in the back of my mind that it will never happen for us. I feel like at best it will be a long road for us and at worst it's just isn't ment to be for us.

We've been trying ttc for 6 months. Came off Long term BC in December and since then I've had a 51, 76 and currently 44 day cycles. Have been taking b complex, zinc, vit d and vitex.

It's a tough road and I have no magic answers for you but I just wanted to say, I hear you! And I feel it too. :hugs:

Ticktock, I do feel like I'll never get pregnant. I think to my self well at least I'm not the only woman in the world that can't get pregnant but then I think but these woman are suffering like me.. and I wouldn't want anybody feeling like the way I do right now. It's like our "job" to get pregnant to give our husbands (and ourselves) a family. I know I sound depressing but it's hard not to think this way.

I hope you, me and the ladies that are having trouble get what we want: a baby..

Thanks for replying :)

It's a tough road and I understand the frustration ladies. I think I caught the last boat figuratively speaking with this baby after years and years of ttc. Have any of you had an HSG test to make sure your tubes are clear? One of my tubes was blocked and of course in retrospect that really cut my chances for however long that was the case.

It's true that a lot of fertility supplements take varying amounts of time to work for every woman. Even if you are in perfect health and time intercourse perfectly as well there's only a 1 in 4 chance of conception. Can any if you have some fertility test done privately? I didn't accept the responses from my first OB and sought help elsewhere. Maybe worth looking into if your able. Good luck and baby dust

It think you should talk to your OB/GYN instead of your primary...maybe they will be more proactive

I had something very similar happen to me. I didn't have a period for a whole year also. My family dr couldn't do anything because as you mentioned I had to wait a year of TTC. The only reason why they tell you to wait a year is because sometimes it takes a healthy 20 something couple at least a 5 months to a year before they can conceive and it just gets longer the older you are.

Everything that you seem to be describing seems to be very close to the same thing that I had been going through. Turns out that I have a hormone deficiency and my body doesn't produce enough progesterone.

Augh! Reading this makes me angry for you. I can't believe your doctor wasn't more helpful. Of course you need to be cycling and ovulating to TTC. By the way, the reason your temps are all over the place is because you aren't ovulating. I really think you need to find a new doctor since you quite clearly have a hormone issue. In the least you should have some blood work done to check your hormone levels.

I'm sorry you are so down. I'll share my Oreos with you :). I've been ttc #2 for 2 years with no luck. I do know my problem but its not easily fixed. Hang in there, many infertility problems do have easy solutions and you will get your family :flower:

Did you have cycles before you went on birth control? Some women have a very hard time coming off pills. My periods stopped a few years ago and what got them back was acupuncture. I've had a period every 27-30 days since and I ovulate every cycle!!!! My doctor said this would never happen.

I agree you should make sure your tubes are clear. Im sure there is something you could complain about to make them check?

As for me, I tried for 3 or 4 years and just so happened to stumble across Fertilaid. Not saying it is for everyone, but to me it's a miracle. I also maintained a healthy as possible diet with leafy green, flaxseed, etc.

Wishing you great luck! <3

all of these suggestions are great for women with unexplained infertility. BUT, your problem isn't really unexplained. Your problem is that you aren't ovulating and getting a period. I really think you need to fix that first and then move on to these other things if you still aren't getting pregnant.

Fertilaid is supposed to help start and regulate periods. It has worked for plenty of irregular women.

Heya,

if you live in the UK, there is actually a lot the GP should have done. I had irregular periods, once every 2 months. It is correct that you can only get referred for fertility issues after 1 year if you are under 35, however having irregular cycles is a gyneocologial (? hope you know what I mean) problem and the GP should send you for an ultrasound and do a blood test.

When we started trying, I went to my GP and he did all that straight away. Found out I had PCOS and too much testosterone. He also did a rubella test.

I would advise either to go again and demand the tests if you are brave or change your GP. You are entitled to having tests regarding irregular cycles.

Good luck to you dear!:hugs:

WOW! Thanks for all of your responses!

@Toughhgal, unfortunately fertilaid didn't work out for me. I took fertilaid for 3 months and was drinking fertilitea (still drinking the tea though). I had really high hopes for it and that went down the drain along with the money I spent. It was worth a try though.. :(

@slg76, I always had irregular cycles. When I first had got my period after that I had about 2 or 3 times and then it stopped so in middle school and high school I didn't have a period! and when I hit 20 I decided to get checked and the doc put me on BC, to regulate.

I think doctors should take you into consideration more especially with how your periods are so "off".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->