Feeling low

CordeliaJ

Reaction score
Just feeling really miserable.

In pain, sick & nauseous all the time, and exhausted beyond belief. I haven't told my work yet & it's getting super annoying trying to hide it all. Not to mention I have an obvious bump already (as this is my 2nd), and my long scarves are only going to hide it for so long!

Sorry this is a pointless thread, I'm just feeling low & no one to talk to about the pregnancy. I just want to sleep, ugh.

I gave in and told my work at 9 weeks. I work 15 hour days (im a nurse) and was just too tired to hide. My boss was really supportive and chnaged my shifts slightly and my work mates have been great. I felt much better after I told them, plus it means I can sit down more often and dont need to hide my bump xxx

Sorry to hear your feeling this way. Would you not consider telling at least your boss or close colleagues to make it easier for you?

I can't offer much help or advice but hope you start to feel better soon. We are due around the same time, and my symptoms seem to be easing off a bit. Maybe yours will start too soon xx

Thanks ladies, I have told a couple of close colleagues, but not my manager. I'm trying to hold off as I've literally just started my contract last month & it's going to be a really awkward conversation.

I think the worst is the sickness/nausea really. Luckily I do sit at a desk all day so no problems there. I just want to sit by the loo all day instead, feel like I'm going to throw up all the time. :-(

Really hope symptoms ease off soon.

That makes sense but maybe try and tell your manager after your first scan? Maybe it will be easier at that point when you have been in the job slightly longer. Hope that all goes well when you do tell them.

Nausea is the worst. One of the more difficult things to deal with... I had it terrible a few weeks back. I feel for you. Have you tried the anti sickness bracelets? I've heard about them but never tried them myself x

so sorry you feel so miserable
:hugs:
hope the nausea lets up soon!

Thank you, appreciate the support a lot :)

Tried the nausea wrist bands but didn't help, drinking any liquid just makes me feel sick too. Ginger has been making it worse as well, mint gum is about the only thing that helps a little bit. I'm sick every night now before bed, almost as if on schedule!

It may not go as bad as you think with work. I accepted my new job on the monday (started a week later) and found out I was pregnant the Wednesday! I was about 6 weeks, I had to tell my manager when I was about 8 weeks as I had awful morning sickness and was off for random days as I literally couldn't get out of bed.

Hope it goes ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->