Feeling more tired than 1st tri!

Rymel12

Reaction score
I was amazed at how I was not super exhausted during first trimester. I definitely suffered with other issues but I was not falling asleep on the couch at 8:30 like my last pregnancy in first tri. All of a sudden I'm past 12 weeks (considered second tri but maybe not by all standards) and I'm more tired than ever! Been falling alseep on the couch at 9 every night and feeling exhausted all day. Where are you second tri energy? Anyone else only getting sleepy now?

I've been suffering since the start of second tri with tiredness and feeling like I have no energy. Turns out I was anaemic. Have you had your iron levels checked?

I don't believe I have had my iron levels checked. I should definitely look into it though as I couldn't handle the prescription prenatals with the extra iron in them so I very well could turn anemic I would think. Thanks for the suggestion!

I defo feel worse in second tri! I was in bed at 7pm last night. I am seeing midwife tomorrow tho so will ask if I can have a blood test to find if I am lacking in something x

Same here. I had bouts of tiredness but over the last week or so I'm just exhausted. Spent all day yesterday in and out of sleep.

I didn't start having more energy until about 16-17 weeks. I also found out from my 12 week bloodwork that I had hypothyroidism which caused me to be super tired. They gave me a prescription for thyroid meds though which could have also caused me to have more energy as they would probably start regulating my hormones by 16-17 weeks

I was afraid I'd never get to the second trimester energy burst. I feel great now though! Around 18 or 19 weeks my fatigue lifted (finally). I never delt with fatigue in my first pregnancy and was worried it would last straight through but there is still hope for your energy to return! I didn't have any clinical reason for my fatigue other than being pregnant with twins :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->