Feeling movement

olivetree83

Jon, Hollie, Olivia, & #2
Reaction score
What will I be looking for? I don't think I've really determined that I've actually felt the baby move yet at this point.

I'm wondering that when the time comes how will I know?

How did you ladies know it was baby and not just gas or the feeling of your heartbeat in your stomach? (I feel that all the time)

Last night in bed I thought I felt a few knocks but figured it's still way to early to feel baby kick me and should probably be feeling the "flutters" or the "popcorn popping" type of sensation.

Help me know what to look for! I can't wait to feel my little bean move inside of me! :cloud9:

Oh not too early hun- I felt little flutters and didnt really get excited because I didnt know if it was gas or what- But the other day I was sitting in my car on my lunch break, and I was eating a bad of M&M's pretzels, and all of the sudden I felt a kick- It was definitely the baby because Ive never felt anything like that before- And since then, I feel him all the time- I think once you feel it for the first time, you'll feel it all the time- Trust me, when you feel your baby, you'll know :)

I felt movements for the first time at 15+4 felt like a flip flop and like i got flicked. Didn't feel anything again really though until 16+5 when started feeling every day movement at least once. For me it feels like actual kicks. Almost like a twitch is the best way I can explain it. I never really felt the fluttering really like butterflies or bubbles popping as some people explain it. And usually feel it when at work at my desk or laying on my side. Never have felt it on my back. It is one of those things that when you feel it you know it. It is totally different from gas in my opinion.

I felt fluttering sensations from around 17 weeks but now I get strong kicks that make me jump (you'll definitely know when you've felt a kick!) and a 'whooshing feeling' like the babies doing somersaults, other times it can feel like i'm on the tower of terror and dropping down the lift really fast!

Oh not too early hun- I felt little flutters and didnt really get excited because I didnt know if it was gas or what- But the other day I was sitting in my car on my lunch break, and I was eating a bad of M&M's pretzels, and all of the sudden I felt a kick- It was definitely the baby because Ive never felt anything like that before- And since then, I feel him all the time- I think once you feel it for the first time, you'll feel it all the time- Trust me, when you feel your baby, you'll know :)

I certainly hope so, I really can't wait for this. :)

congrats, that's so cool that you felt a kick...he must like those m&m's ;)

I was roughly 17 weeks wen I first felt flutters :) it was amazing & gets stronger by thd day before you know it your whole tummy is moving lol xxxx

I felt fluttering sensations from around 17 weeks but now I get strong kicks that make me jump (you'll definitely know when you've felt a kick!) and a 'whooshing feeling' like the babies doing somersaults, other times it can feel like i'm on the tower of terror and dropping down the lift really fast!

Wow that's crazy! Like you're on a roller coaster ride?!

I really want to feel my bean so bad. I am almost positive that i've felt something before now but I just didn't know what I was feeling at the time. I felt weird movements last night where the babies legs would be (according to all of our ultrasounds) and it did feel like someone was kicking in water, like "whooshing" hard to explain..but I was like maybe you're just uncomfortable or maybe it's just your heart beating. My heart beat is always in my stomach these days. It almost reassures me knowing that blood is pumping extra down there now. :cloud9:

right now i feel whooshing feelings....i am pretty sure baby was in perfect position the other day and i felt a good kick or maybe baby bouncing and bump me good from the inside...but normally when i feel its so light almost like im imaging it :haha: but its kind of a whooshing felling like baby is turning and rolling...hope that helps :haha:

I felt some popcorn around 16 weeks, but so so faint! 17 weeks it felt like goldfish swimming around, 20 weeks I got actual kicks, and it was 24+ weeks before you could both see the movement from the outside and also before it was a daily, count on it kind of thing! :)

I bet you'll feel your soon!

Its not too soon hun, its hard to describe but you just kinda know its not wind!!

I felt flutters around 15 weeks, my first baby, and got proper kicks around 21 weeks. I o
noticed because the gas feelings felt inside more. After a week of a few different odd feelings I caught onto which was the baby. Some people never get the flutters and some get them for a long time.. Everyones different.. But most likely you'll notice what is kicks after feeling them for a while. I just payed attention to every feeling I had and you start noticing which is baby ad which is gas.

I wouldn't describe it as butterflies or fluttering...

I would describe my first moments by saying "it felt like my bladder was rippling" lol like a wave lol, it was full so baby must have kicked it!

Now it feel like "the nerve escaping" or my skin twitching!

I never really felt flutters or 'popcorn' with my first. He just went right to kicking. Very early on, too, though I can't really remember how early it was... you could see my stomach move back and forth if he was really active.

This time, I'm already feeling little flutters, though they're more like tiny, tiny "taps" from the inside. And a couple of "roll-y" movements, like Baby is doing a big turn. :shrug:

I agree that the feeling of gas and the slight movement feeling of baby are two entirely different feelings. Gas is either moving across my abdomen or it hurts. Baby is always close to the same spot and it is so far from being painful...

I felt 3 "pops" at 16 weeks while laying in bed, and seems like really nothing since. The past couple of nights I've had "gurgling" in my belly but not sure if it was just gas?? Hm...

Aww I only started feeling him after 20 weeks so don't worry :hugs:

They're just too small before and you might think it's gas or something, even if they're moving. After 20 weeks it will become more obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->