feeling sad :( hope someone reads this..

Loretta Lynn

Reaction score
Hey everyone..
Just feeling kind of down tonight. I thought I would post on here to see if anyone else feels like I do or maybe some success stories to cheer me up. I'm 28 and was just diagnosed with PCOS this past August and was completely devastated. All I've ever wanted was to have babies and be a mommy and somewhere deep inside I always felt like it wasn't going to be easy (or maybe impossible) for that to happen. My hubby and I got married in Nov. 2011 and started ttc in Feb. 2012. I waited until this past summer to see my OB-gyn because there was a part of me that didn't want to face that my biggest fears were coming true.. that there really was something wrong with me and thats why we weren't pregnant yet. But I am glad I finally went, because my doctor has been great through it all. I started metformin 500mg in November and my first round of clomid 25 mg in December. No luck in December so he bumped me up to 50mg clomid for round 2 in January. We did a series of follicular ultrasounds this time which ended up showing that I ovulated around CD 17 (which I was very happy about because my dr. didn't think i was ovulating before). So i am currently 9dpo, and do not feel like there is any possibility I could be pregnant at all. Feeling completely normal, no symptoms that I can even pretend might be pregnancy related. I'm not any more tired than i normally am, no cramps, absent CM.. I tested yesterday at 8dpo and got a BFN, of course. DH and I BD'd every day or every other day for that entire like 2 week span. I know that I have just began my pregnancy journey, and there are many more options, but I feel so hopeless. I feel so scared that I will never get to experience pregnancy and be a mommy. I don't know what i'll do if that happens :nope:
Is there anyone out there that can relate with me? Anyone who has gone through this with a happy ending? I know they say women with PCOS are able to get pregnant, but I just feel like I'm going to be one of the ones who cannot.
sorry for the long rant, i just needed to get that out.

I dont have pcos to say i know what you're going through, but there have been plenty of ladies who get pregnant with pcos. Hopefully you can get a bfp soon hun, and just because you have no symptoms does not mean you're not pregnant. Good luck :hugs:

Thanks hunni12. I hope you're right. I wish I could just stop stressing. Thanks for the encouragement :)

You're welcome hun, here we offer nothing but support :)

My friend got pregnant when she was told she couldn't have kids and diagnosed with pcos. She's 22 and got a 6 month old now big shock for her but its possible! Good luck!

Just like pp^^ said there are a lot of ladies on here who have conceived with pcos and who also got their BFP without any symptoms. So u r definitely still in the game Hun xx

Hey. I'm going through a similar situation. Although I don't have pcos, me and my DH have been trying since may 2012 and I was to scared to go to the doctor. But in September 2013 I finally went (16 months later!). We have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility and the doctor told us we will most likely conceive on our own but we haven't since 21 months! I'm 13dpo and I have cramps (which I normally have when I'm getting AF) so now I'm losing hope. But this is my first cycle so I will tell you one thing. Don't lose your hope, keep trying and with Gods grace it will happen. Don't worry about your symptoms my sis-in-laws didn't get their symptoms till 1-2 weeks after there AF was due. All the best and baby dust to all of us!

thanks for all of the encouragement ladies. I try to stay positive but it's just really hard to sometimes! And every time i see a baby or pregnant woman i have to fight back tears.
Hope-- I hope that you get your BFP soon. I've heard of unexplained infertility but i don't know much about it... do they have ANY idea why you aren't getting pregnant? Have you tried IUI yet or anything like that? Baby dust to you..

oh my goodness, reading your post bought a tear to my eye. I don't have pcos that I know of, but I was told ten years before I fell pregnant that I'd never conceive naturally. I was devastated and it ruined my life.. I just knew it would never happen. I knew it in my bones. I could never see it happening for me. I'd cry myself to sleep most nights praying for children one day.. but I just KNEW it would never happen. not for me.

BUT then I got pregnant naturally 6 weeks after I got married and now have a 22 month old little girl! So, although I didn't actually struggle to get pregnant with my baby girl, I was told it would never happen and I can relate to that desperate feeling. All I do know is that if you want a baby, and you fight for it, it WILL happen.

:hugs:Loretta, I'm sending lots of encouragement your way! I feel the same way some days. I so very much want to be a mom and I'm scared it won't happen.

Loretta - I have PCOS and I now have 3 beautiful children :) My first was conceived naturally by surprise (just a few short weeks after the doctor told me that my chances of conceiving were slim to none!), my second took 2 years and she was conceived on a 100+ day long cycle. My 3rd took 14 months and was conceived after 2 failed rounds of clomid (no ovulation) and 2 rounds of fumera. I've heard that fumera works better for woman with PCOS.
What are your PCOS symptoms? The only signs I have are enlarged ovaries, crazy long cycles (some with ovulation, some without), acne, and fast hair growth.
Try not to give up hope....I didn't get my BFP until 11DPO and I began testing at 7DPO! hehe..I'm an addict!

I definitely know the feelings of sincerely wanting to be a mom and fears that it will never happen. My story is different but I too have reasons to be concerned it won't happen for me (my age and one early m/c). I don't have any children yet either, and I know how bad it can hurt wondering if you'll just go through life without ever experiencing pregnancy and becoming a mother.

I have to say, without knowing a ton about pcos, I'm encouraged by the many people who have had children with it! I really do think it will happen for you, especially now that you know and are working with it.

Do you use fertility friend? Another thing that might encourage you is that you can go and look at other womens' charts. You can put filters for pregnancy with pcos and see all the women who got pregnant! There are MANY!

Hang in there, and know there are people who can truly relate to your pain.

wow. thank you all. it helps to hear stories with happy endings. and not that I would EVER wish what i'm going through upon anyone, it does help to know that I'm not alone in this. so thank all of you who took the time to write me words of encouragement- i appreciate it so much!
Tmb0047- my symptoms of PCOS are irregular periods (anywhere from 30-45 days.. this month was 25 days which completely threw me off) and acne. I haven't been told that my ovaries are enlarged, but i haven't had an appointment with my ob-gyn since having the ultrasounds done, we've only talked on the phone. I took another test today at 10dpo and it was a BFN :( I keep praying and praying for my BFP. I've just been using dollar store preg tests.. I thought about buying a first response or one that is more sensitive to HCG but I figure it will just end in disappointment anyway. Your story is amazing. I hope I have a story like yours to tell some day.
Mattea- sending lots of baby dust your way. I have not not used fertility friend but I am definitely going to check it out. thanks so much and good luck to you.

thanks for all of the encouragement ladies. I try to stay positive but it's just really hard to sometimes! And every time i see a baby or pregnant woman i have to fight back tears.
Hope-- I hope that you get your BFP soon. I've heard of unexplained infertility but i don't know much about it... do they have ANY idea why you aren't getting pregnant? Have you tried IUI yet or anything like that? Baby dust to you..

This is our first cycle(with medication) and I'm taking clomid and ovidrel. The doctor said it will happen on its own since were young.(23 & 30) We are going to try 3 cycles with timed intercourse and if that doesnt work out (which I hope it does), then we will try IUI.
I'm super nervous; we are going for our pregnancy blood test tomorrow and I'm hopeful but I have never seen a BFP so I'm not sure if it will happen so soon. Just so you understand my situation. I had 3 sister-in-laws and 9 cousins get pregnant the same time we have been trying. & im not even exaggerating! So trust me I can imagine what you go through when you see someone pregnant around you. I have 2 nieces and 1 nephew and they are all the most precious babys and I hope I have mine soon. & I hope you have your BFP very soon!

Hi just wanted t say i dont have pcos myself but my sis in law does & has had 4 pregnancies also knw other women who conceived woth pcos more than once. As for myself my first took 5 yrs to conceive & wer put on clomid. Wer told i would get it for 12 months & was 12th month last one on it that i conceived. I knw ths journey is so stressfull but dont lose hope. Hope u get ur bfp soon! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->