Feeling signifcantly better in one pregnancy than in another?

MindUtopia

Reaction score
Have any of you felt significantly better in one pregnancy compared to another? I don't know if I just can't remember (I was pregnant with my daughter 5 years ago, so I'm sure everything seems different in hindsight). But I definitely feel like I felt worse with her than with this one. I felt pretty nauseous fairly early on. It was my first obvious sign I was pregnant. I was so nauseous at 9 dpo, we'd gone to a food festival for the day (not the best idea!) and I just had to leave and come home and lie on the sofa the rest of the day. I do think I felt better again maybe for a bit around this time (I'm 6+3), but I still felt really tired and had no appetite. And then nausea came back again around 8-9 weeks before it went away around 10.

But this time, I feel oddly better than I expected. I have had nausea, but it's been here and there, some days are worse and some days are mostly fine. I've been ravenously hungry, rather than losing my appetite, which is strange. My whole pregnancy last time I didn't have much of an appetite, even after the nausea had gone away. I am tired, but I'm always tired anyway. I have a 4 year old and I work full time with long days at least three days a week, getting up for work at 5am and not getting home until 7pm. So I should be tired! I am really hormonal though, much more than last time. I nearly cried in the shop yesterday because they didn't have any digestives and I really needed digestives!!

I know different pregnancies are just different, but I've always heard that second ones are worse than first. All my friends who had an easy time the first time around really suffered with their seconds. But I feel relatively good. Maybe I'm just so tired that I'm used to begin really tired and I'm too tired to notice how bad I actually feel! :shrug: Or maybe it's still coming? I know I definitely felt pretty ill already by this time last time, but maybe it will hit in another week or so.

Anyone else feel a lot different this time compared to previous pregnancies?

Hi mineutopia!

Yes!!! I know exactly how you feel! My first couple pregnancies I am always sick as a dog. Nauseated to the max, either throwing up or can't eat. Nothing taste good. Extra cm!! Tired and sleepy.
But this pregnancy it's totally different, only thing I'm feeling is sore nipples, which I NEVER EXPERIENCED, and always wanted with other pregnancies to confirm viability but just never had it and ended up having a rainbow baby out of it.

I'm not as tired but I am only 4 weeks 5 days so maybe my hormones hadn't heightened yet.

FYI: I'm not saying having sore boobs confirm a healthy pregnancy...bc I didn't have sore boobs in any of my pregnancies and got a beautiful boy from not having them. Just something I never felt before that's new this time around.

Yep same here.
I know there's time for symptoms to kick in but last year I was super nauseous straight away with really sore boobs, cravings, food aversions the lot.
I do have symptoms but they're milder and just different altogether. I'm tired, over-emotional, sore and I've had carpal tunnel since around conception. But I feel totally fine in myself. Odd!

I have had two completely different boy pregnancies.. this time feels completely different again.. the first week id never felt so energetic.
I am having a lot of random pains down in the womb and ovary area but I've had a scan today that says everything is where it should be for how far gone I am..
pregnancy is just weird!

I'll tell ya how different all of my pregnancies have been. :)

First pregnancy - Terrible MS and food aversions until 11 weeks. Then, I felt great for the rest!

Second pregnancy - I found out I was pregnant by accident. I had no symptoms, at all, ever. I felt great! Totally normal!

Third pregnancy - Exhausted through the entire pregnancy. MS till 17 weeks. Felt fine otherwise. REALLY miserable at the end, but the babies were 11 months apart, so that could have been the cause.

Fourth pregnancy - Jeez, I complained about everything. lol. I had nausea only for a few weeks, but I was depressed and uncomfortable early on. Labor lasted forever, and my baby was late!

Fifth pregnancy - Current - I'm 20 weeks in, and I still have MS. I have been exhausted all day and all night from conception, and I still can't get enough sleep today. Here's hoping it gets easier, but I was already exhausted before getting pregnant just because I'm so busy with all my really young kids, my toddler nephew and especially my very needy baby who just turned 1. This might just be who I am now. lol.

I don't think symptoms say anything about the viability of your pregnancy. I think they really all can be different and not mean a thing. My cousin had 2 almost identical pregnancies, and she was happy as could be with that. I kinda like the variance - although this has been my most difficult by far. :)

My first I felt nauseous more in the evening. This pregnancy it's from morning to night and Im actually sick. So different this time. The tiredness is terrible but I'm not sure it's because with my first I had the time to sit and sleep or chill if I needed too. This time you just have to keep going with a 4 year old in tow! X

With my first baby, a girl, I was never sick or tired. The end was rough with SPD and constipation but I think that was because she was also my biggest baby so it was really cramped in there lol.

With my second, a boy, I was horribly sick for 16 weeks. I ended up dehydrated several times and refused sickness meds because I didn't want to risk my baby. Completely the opposite of my first. I assumed it was probably a boy because of this, and it was. I didn't get SPD with him in later pregnancy, I actually felt pretty good after the morning sickness was over.

My third baby was the tiebreaker, and I thought for sure she was going to be a boy because I was, once again, horribly sick although I was able to manage it better thanks to the help from sickness meds which I decided to take since I was, well, sick of being sick lol. I was shocked when we found out she was in fact a SHE. I was a lot more tired and achy with her than I was with my other two, and she ended up being my smallest baby for dates.

With this baby (as yet we don't know gender) I was horribly sick 24/7 from 5 1/2 weeks to 9 weeks. Now it is on and off, mostly at night so the opposite of "morning" sickness. People keep asking if I have an idea of gender but honestly I have no idea because I was fooled with my last daughter lol.

Completely different in all pregnancies.
1st one was a breeze literally flew through it and was lovely delivered 2 months early (a boy)
2nd pregnancy was awful from start to finish, bleeding and midway sickness and then delivered 2months early (a girl)
3rd pregnancy was fine, had a way better pregnancy than my 2nd and was never sick but gained ALOT OF WEIGHT delivered 4weeks early (a girl)

This time round....OMG!!!!!! Pains from the start, lots of growing and lots of aches down in the uterus area, sick from the very start like literally none stop. Symptoms appearing daily and I just generally feel poop!

So yes every pregnancy has been completely different regardless of the sex of baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->