Feeling so down

klcuk3

Mummy to two Munchkins
Reaction score
My DD2 is nearly 4 weeks old and by now I thought the hormones would've settled. I'm so tired, and know that doesn't help but I keep feeling so overwhelmed still. We had a good day yesterday - I got out to stay and play with both girls but throughout the day I keep having lows where I think - is this it? I feel lonely and miss work for the adult interaction. I know it'll get better but it seems like time is on a go slow.

I was so lucky with DD1 who from 6-8weeks went down for sleeps and naps so well I fear I can't be that lucky again.

I have been trying to arrange a few play dates and seeing friends in the week to keep me going.

OH just moans that he's tired and horny - I'm so not in the mood for that! He keeps telling me I'm silly for crying as he thinks I'm making myself depressed.

Sorry for pointless rant just feel meh xx

big hugs chick. I am feeling dreadful today too and I only have one. I feel so lonely and isolated. I feel I can't go out as I have a really grumpy baby who seems to hate sleeping.

My OH is moany and horny too but he knows how scared I am to get pregnant again!

I would love to say it will get better but as this is my first I am only living in hope. People keep assuring me that it will but at the moment it seems very far away.

It does get better just feels a life time when you're tired and immersed in the newborn routine x I remember saying to OH last time that we'd survived the first eight weeks and it must have been getting better by then for me to say that! So nearly half way there this time x

I keep having such dips in mood but really want to avoid anti depressants this time as needed them for PND last time :-(

Hope u both feel better soon. I still have my moments too...finding keeping busy really helps xxx

Did they help last time? how long did it last for you? I just had a big cry today as I just want to be able to go out and feel totally trapped in my house. B is once again fighting her sleep and I feel myself getting annoyed with her which isnt right as it isnt her fault she is just a baby.

I felt much worse than I do now last time, but I still don't feel right atm. I started on citalopram at 3 weeks postnatal last time and was on them for 10 months, they certainly helped me feel normal again last time but also dulled the happiness xx

I'm trying to keep busy but my psych nurse says I should be resting...easier said than done with two kids.

We find that Caileigh is really hard to settle after the feed around this time of evening....I too find it frustrating and really hard work.

yeah Bella was so difficult to settle during the night. My OH doesnt really help and has never done a night feed so that doesnt help me feeling isolated. I get support from my mum which is priceless, couldnt do it without her. She is such a windy baby too so that unsettles her alot.

How are you feeling today?

Afternoon - feeling uber tired and just striking off another day that I'm getting through! I have waves of feeling like I wanna cry but trying to juggle the two means I don't get much time to stop and think!

I did the 9pm, midnight, 3am feeds and hubby did the 6am one then I made him get up with Amelia at 7am whilst I had a lie in til 8.30am! He's been back to bed for 3-4 hours so is just up now!

Its strange how in all in mania they still manage to get a decent amount of sleep. My OH has had on average 7/8 hours sleep every night since B was born...whit! I just wish i had some mummy friends who lived near by but none of my friends have children.

I really hope today is a better day for you. its a good idea to take it one day at a time. I wish I could do that but i just cant help thinking that tomorrow could always be worse.

Has either of your two squealed in their sleep. B has just done that and i cant figure out why unless she had a wee tummy pain?

Both of mine do random cries/sqwarks in their sleep. I'm remembering I mustn't jump straight up to pick Caileigh up when she does this as often it only lasts seconds and she's asleep still.

I have today put Caileigh down awake and as I needed to sort Amelia out, Caileigh's had a little cry for 5 minutes maximum but she has settled herself to sleep. Its hard to listen to and even 2 minutes of crying feels like a year but I know that she's ok, fed and clean and I can't have arms everywhere!

OH has just taken Amelia to the park which is lovely! I keep reminding myself that I only have both girls for 3 whole days a week on my own which isn't that bad really x

I was the same with Mummy friends when I had Amelia.....I joined Netmums and met some Mum's that way....was a godsend :)

I think i will try that thanks. we live in a new development so there must be new mums around here somewhere! Bella just let out a big squeal i jumped to get her and realised she was pulling at her hair! silly monkey. B wil not settle herself to sleep at all. the only way she sleeps is after food!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->