Feeling so fed up...

Natalie88

Reaction score
Please don't judge me, but I've had all day sickness since I was 5 weeks pregnant, I thought it was easing off last week with just evening sickness but it's back to all day again...
I feel so ill, weak, constant headaches and I've lost a stone in weight.. I feel so bad on my DH and DS, I'm just not there for them as I should be. I'm just so fed up, starting to get really down about it all.. I just want this sickness to go and enjoy this pregnancy... my first pregnancy was such a breeze, this one is just torture at the minute.

Anyone else still suffering? Can someone give me hope that I won't have it for the full 9 months? :cry:

I'm right there with you on this. My husband is away in the army so it's me alone with my 4 year old son. I've been so unwell I havn't even been able to look after him and his now staying with my parents. I'm sick of feeling sick. Went to my doctor and got anti sickness tablets today is my second day on them and I feel alittle more relief. Go to your doctors and try some anti sickness meds possibly. My first pregnancy was also not a problem felt alittle sick but sea bands sorted it out and it was very short lived. I've had this sickness since 4 weeks with this pregnancy I'm now over 8 and a half weeks. Feels never ending.

I've felt bad since about 5 weeks. I had a few days about a week ago where I started to feel better and my doctor promised my symptoms would be easing up. But they seemed to have gotten worse the last few days.

Hey, at the worst, it'll last 9 months, right? I can't imagine what people who are on chemo year after year go through.

My problem is I have a phobia with vomiting/feeling sick so it causes me anxiety. I can't leave me home and can't look after my boy so that's what's killing it for me. When I feel really really bad I even start resenting my pregnancy which is terrible I know. Thankfully the drugs are starting to kick in and I'm hoping to bring my boy home tomorrow. I hope yours passes soon. I can't even begin to think about feeling like this for 7 more months it makes me panicky just thinking about it.

I've had HG this pregnancy. Had it in previous pregnancies too but this time has by far been the worst. Spent more time in hospital during the first tri than I did at home. It has eased off slightly now but I'm still being sick a few times a day. I've learnt to eat little and often though and what foods to avoid that really trigger it. Have you spoken to a doctor or midwife about it? Maybe you may need some medication to help? What penutt said is very true and thinking that way Defo helped me. On low days I used to focus on how lucky I was to be pregnant and how long it had taken us to get our rainbow and it helped me pick myself up. I know the thought of 9 months of sickness is unbearable at times but at least we do have point where we know it will end and sure it will all be worth it when we meet our beautiful babies!

Peanut your post has definitely made me man up! I do need to think myself lucky.. It's just my son I feel more sorry for as I'm just not there for him like I used to.. Im now boring mommy :-(
I'm going to go the doctors on Tuesday after the bank hol and see if they can help me..

Thanks for your reply girls.. :) xx

I've had HG in three of my previous four pregnancies. I'm on my fifth right now and it has yet to be determined which way this one is going to go since I'm still early, but I'm assuming I'll probably get it again. I already have a supply of Zofran in wait. I find it helped a lot when I didn't feel like eating so I'd make a protein or fruit smoothie and drink it slowly first thing in the morning. I'd get up, make it and take it back to bed with me until I felt better, or sometimes I'd even make it the night before and leave it in the freezer so it was all ready for me in the morning.

It is difficult to get through. Nurses aren't very understanding. Even my own midwife, whom I love because she always lets me choose my own way to birth, doesn't understand HG. She kept telling me "It will end at 12 weeks". With my son, 12 weeks came around and I was still horribly sick. I was sick with him all the way up to 16 weeks (it started at 7 weeks). I too had a nurse tell me "Think about chemo patients" and, having a grandmother and uncle going through it right now, I know exactly what she is talking about. However, it is still very hard to be really sick all the time.

Good luck and I hope you are able to get some relief soon!

Peanut your post has definitely made me man up! I do need to think myself lucky.. It's just my son I feel more sorry for as I'm just not there for him like I used to.. Im now boring mommy :-(
I'm going to go the doctors on Tuesday after the bank hol and see if they can help me..

Thanks for your reply girls.. :) xx

No doubt it's still tough. But there is an end to it.
I hope the doctors can help you out and that you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->