Feeling So Guilty...

KyliesMommie

Reaction score
I'm crying right now because I feel so guilty.

I dipped before I got pregnant and then quit cold turkey until about 2 months ago. (Dip = Smokeless Tobacco) I only dipped again once or twice but, this week the stress got to a whole new level and I've been dipping 2 times a day some days... I feel like I don't deserve my little girl. I just threw the rest out, and am going to completely stop now until at least she is born.

How badly will this affect my little girl? I'm so ashamed... My innocent baby is suffering because I can't be strong enough to give it up... Getting so stressed, to the point where I'm crying every night and my depression is coming back...

Stressed because of life in general, but also stressed because boyfriend had a condom in his car... Obviously, since I'm already pregnant we don't use condoms... He says his dad left it out and he just grabbed it and put it in his car because he didn't want his friends seeing it. But, he also has a history of cheating on his girlfriends... What am I supposed to believe?

Oh and I know "Ew gross, you dip, nasty, etc." I never liked smoking because I have bad lungs mainly. Took up dipping as I'm around guys all day when I was rodeoing.

Huni... Two pieces of advice coming from an ex smoker...

1. Don't beat yourself up now coz there's no point and u clearly know it was wrong...

2. Instead of dwelling over what you've done use it as motivation to not do it again! Throw it out and then that's it!
If your feeling reli depressed and anxious then please go see your doc or mw and have a chat... They may be able to help u cope without u having to turn to Tabacco again...

I'm so sorry your worried about your bf but maybe calm yourself down and give it a few more days to get a clear head and then have a rethink of the situation and how u feel
Xxx
Big hugs I hope things get better for you!

I watched girls smoke out front of my maternity hospital who had just been taking our breastfeeding class! The fact that you actually feel guilty and want to stop says so much about how much you care about your baby. Just stop and think of a very good back up plan for when stress hits again in advance - talk to a friend, go on a walk, write it down. As for the condom, I suppose you'll have to see how you feel about that and whether you believe him. But stop beating yourself up and just don't do it again.

Well, tobacco isn't the greatest thing for a baby, but lots of things in our environment are proving to have negative effects on fetuses. If a mother has a stressful job or is overall stressed, if we eat too much fast food and not enough vitamins and minerals. We all make some bad lifestyle choices whether pregnant or not. It's difficult to live the 'ideal' lifestyle while growing your baby. I myself sometimes feel bad for living right next to a highway as all of the pollution could contribute to an autism spectrum disorder. There are just so many factors one could feel guilty about that may or may not end up hurting the baby. And cravings are tricky, especially with our hormonal selves. The question is: Is it healthier to avoid cravings but feel unsatisfied and down, or is it better to enjoy something and feel blissful? Sometimes our emotions and state of happiness also affect our body and health.

What's done is done. IMO there are many worse things you could have done so try not to beat yourself up too much.

I think the important thing to do is to think about what caused you to start on the tobacco again, and remove yourself from those situations/circumstances for the rest of your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->