Feeling used

JessicaaJadex

Reaction score
This is probably going to be a pointless thread, but I just need to rant big time- all of these pregnancy hormones have made me unable to keep things to myself anymore!

Am I the only person here that feels used by people now that you're pregnant?

I've kept this pregnancy very private, and only announced to Facebook that I was expecting last week (29 weeks along) because I felt like people needed to know eventually! But ever since I've announced, random people have been messaging me as if were best friends, asking to meet up etc- even though i barely know them and have probably spoken to them twice in my life.

But what annoyed me the most was on Saturday night, when I went to a friends house to celebrate her 19th birthday. I didn't know everyone there, but they were all lovely to me about my pregnancy which was nice. As the night progressed, they were all getting drunk (whilst I was drinking lemonade lol) and you know what it's like being the only sober one at the party, you suddenly see people's true colours. Cut the long story short, one girl was obsessing over my bump (I've met her on a few occasions but she's never bothered to say a word to me) and went on to ask me if she could meet the baby when he's born, and asked to be called 'auntie' - slightly weird if you ask me. And the last thing she said to me was "were best friends now" .. Er just because I'm having a baby doesn't automatically mean you can suddenly want to be friends. I was also informed by my best friend, that this girl has asked about me a lot since being pregnant, and told her that she wanted to be friends with me now that I'm expecting a baby.

Am I over reacting to this or would you be as annoyed as I am? I just feel very used by people my age who suddenly want to befriend me, simply because I'm pregnant!

I know a girl like this! Every time she finds out someone is pregnant she adds them on Facebook and ONLY comments on baby related stuff, she did it to me, safe to say I deleted her not long after! :dohh:

I know a girl like this! Every time she finds out someone is pregnant she adds them on Facebook and ONLY comments on baby related stuff, she did it to me, safe to say I deleted her not long after! :dohh:

I've got a girl like that too! As soon as she saw my Facebook announcement, she added me on Instagram and Twitter and likes EVERYTHING baby related- I've never met her in my life! I just find it so weird haha

It's creepy! I noticed her doing it to other girls too :wacko: I've not accepted anyone this pregnancy from school (where I haven't been in 3 years!) that I know is just being a nosey cow :haha:

I don't accept 'new' adds from nosey people around here lol

I don't have a facebook or anything buuut honestly I would probably be the nosey cow you all are talking about... woops... lol. But I wouldn't go as far as trying to be someone's friend just bc their pregnant. That's weird.

I'm so choosey over my friends list. I had a huge influx of friend requests after people found out I had Tori. (I never announced on Facebook.)

I know what you mean. I kept my pregnancy amongst myself and family until like 6 months but it seemed once I'd told about 2 friends, suddenly everyone seemed to know and I'd be getting texts from people who hadn't even bothered to talk to me since college had ended, just asking a lot of questions like was I having a boy or a girl, how big was my bump, what was i doing about work and uni. I wasn't really sure how to take it... whether it was just people being polite and taking an interest, but sometimes it seemed like people were just being nosey in a horrible curious/fascinated sort of way at my own expense. xx

i think those nosey people actually secretly want babies of their own and the whole thing fascinates them beyond what they would expect or whatever, but instead of doing it themselves for whatever reason (ranging from no OH to no real guts to do it now) they try to come close to expecting people and kind of share the experience and the excitement.

i think it's more common then what one may think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->