Feeling very different!!!not feeling good at all!!!

Mrs.Impatient

Reaction score
SO SORRY I DID NOT REALIZE I POSTED IN 3RD TRIMESTER

I am 22 weeks pregnant and For the last 2-3 days I have not been feeling like myself. I have suffered from anxiety since I was about 15 years old. Usually when I am upset,stressed or thinking too much It trigger's an anxiety attack. During these attack's I begin to have a fast heart rate,increased body heat,trouble breathing,some tightness of the chest,tingling or feeling as if I have to touch my arms to reassure myself they are still there,irritability,foggyness in my head (not really dizzy or faintness but a feeling of loss of concentration and off balance almost like a dehydrated feeling), vision changes example:everything seems closer to my face than normal overall I have a feeling that literally feels like I am going to die. I am not sure if anxiety is what I am having lately but it feels different.The only symptoms I am having so far are irritability,fast heart rate,feeling hot,having trouble staying still tierdness,low sex drive and the foggy feeling in my head. I have tried drinking more water and my urine is light yellow so I dont think I am dehydrated and if I am then im not having any real indicators of it. So I was starting to think that I either had low iron levels maybe low blood sugar or something but I hate having this feeling and it really starts to make me think something is wrong with me. I hate that I have to suffer this way because I am afraid of medications (not that I have been offered any) my family has a drug problem and they used to abuse prescription medications especially ones prescribed for anxiety and I am afraid they will get me high if I take prescribed meds.for my problem. Back when I was 15 I smoked pot for the first time and I had a bad reaction(most of the symptoms listed above and more) so now I am afraid of drugs,pot,pain pills ect. I know its silly but I cant help it!!

Anyways has anyone else suffered from any of this during pregnancy?Does anyone know what may be making me feel this way? Does anyone have a solution?

I really dont think I can take living with this anxiety/fear much longer and I think I may need some help with it.

Have you ever spoken to anyone about your anxiety? Maybe have a chat to your midwife & see if there is anything she can recommend for you, if you are not keen on medication then maybe she can recommend some natural remedies for you?

Have you ever spoken to anyone about your anxiety? Maybe have a chat to your midwife & see if there is anything she can recommend for you, if you are not keen on medication then maybe she can recommend some natural remedies for you?

I spoke with my primary care provider about 2 years before this pregnancy and he basically said that my anxiety was not at a high enough level to need anything for it. I was actually shocked because at that time my anxiety was at it's worst,I couldn't even step outside during the day without panicking.I have an OBGYN appt. this coming Tuesday and I am planning on talking with her about my concern's. I really hope something will work.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Pregnanc...rds=pregnancy+and+postpartum+anxiety+workbook

was good things about battling anxiety

https://www.amazon.com/The-Pregnanc...rds=pregnancy+and+postpartum+anxiety+workbook

was good things about battling anxiety

Thank you!! I will order it now and will update you on how it works for me.

I think that doctor may have been confused, I get anxiety so bad it induces aggro-phobia and it is hell on earth. Panic attacks daily in general are nothing to scoff at. I too am struggling with the concept of medications but because of my pregnancy (I don't like to take the addictive drugs either, but will take the very non-addictive drugs that take a while to build up in your system so are not a quick fix). Pregnancy has definitely changed my depression/anxiety so that it doesn't quite feel the same, in some ways more intense, in other ways not as bad. The foggy brain is a huge problem for me at the moment too, I can barely hold a conversation without drifting off.

No one should have to suffer like that, I would consider a mood stabilizer perhaps that won't cause any physical addiction. But here are some of the things I've learnt over the years. Sleep is really important, but with anxiety it's not easy to fall asleep, there's lots of self hypnosis tapes you can buy that put you to sleep, the great thing about them is if you repeat what they're saying in your head it's hard to have a brain full of racing thoughts. Sound machines and white noise/music helps in that way too. I also keep an MP3 on me with headphones when I'm out as noise can impact panic attacks and make them worse, and this blocks it out a little. Meditation, and diary writing can help identify where exactly the anxiety is coming from. A lot of the times it can be something small that you didn't think would affect you so badly but with the anxiety has made it really bad. Keeping lists and keeping on top of things so things don't get left until later reduces my anxiety too, so I don't have to worry when something will get done and how. Aromatherapy and massage are also huge helpers if you can stand being touched. During panic attacks they tell you to breath, but one weird thing I've found is that if you sing out loud your breathing tends to regulate itself (obviously if your in private and not in the middle of a store lol!). Basically every time you panic, adrenaline is released, then when you go to start breathing you can panic and wonder why it isn't working but it can actually take 5 minutes to even work, which is a long time to concentrate on your breathing and how hard it is to breath without panicking lol. Some people find exercise during panic to work because it will put all that adrenaline to good use. Those are all the things I use, but it doesn't cure it, just makes it easier to manage :flower:

I have so much anxiety... And going through that book helps. It teaches you how to use cognitive-behavior therapy. Very good for anxiety.

I think that doctor may have been confused, I get anxiety so bad it induces aggro-phobia and it is hell on earth. Panic attacks daily in general are nothing to scoff at. I too am struggling with the concept of medications but because of my pregnancy (I don't like to take the addictive drugs either, but will take the very non-addictive drugs that take a while to build up in your system so are not a quick fix). Pregnancy has definitely changed my depression/anxiety so that it doesn't quite feel the same, in some ways more intense, in other ways not as bad. The foggy brain is a huge problem for me at the moment too, I can barely hold a conversation without drifting off.

No one should have to suffer like that, I would consider a mood stabilizer perhaps that won't cause any physical addiction. But here are some of the things I've learnt over the years. Sleep is really important, but with anxiety it's not easy to fall asleep, there's lots of self hypnosis tapes you can buy that put you to sleep, the great thing about them is if you repeat what they're saying in your head it's hard to have a brain full of racing thoughts. Sound machines and white noise/music helps in that way too. I also keep an MP3 on me with headphones when I'm out as noise can impact panic attacks and make them worse, and this blocks it out a little. Meditation, and diary writing can help identify where exactly the anxiety is coming from. A lot of the times it can be something small that you didn't think would affect you so badly but with the anxiety has made it really bad. Keeping lists and keeping on top of things so things don't get left until later reduces my anxiety too, so I don't have to worry when something will get done and how. Aromatherapy and massage are also huge helpers if you can stand being touched. During panic attacks they tell you to breath, but one weird thing I've found is that if you sing out loud your breathing tends to regulate itself (obviously if your in private and not in the middle of a store lol!). Basically every time you panic, adrenaline is released, then when you go to start breathing you can panic and wonder why it isn't working but it can actually take 5 minutes to even work, which is a long time to concentrate on your breathing and how hard it is to breath without panicking lol. Some people find exercise during panic to work because it will put all that adrenaline to good use. Those are all the things I use, but it doesn't cure it, just makes it easier to manage :flower:

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this as well,however it is very comforting to know that I am not alone. I can think of several trigger's/causes for my anxiety. My mother was my best friend and since her passing this past July 2012 my anxiety has worsened. In all honesty I think a part of the increase in anxiety comes from a fear of dying. My mother was afraid to die and I think she kind of rubbed off on me a little. Knowing that someone you love is terrified of something and then for it to actually happen to them is an anxiety raiser in its self. I think my anxiety also comes from fear of the unknown such as death. I believe in Christ and have heard/read what death will be like but thinking about it still makes my heart race. Idk maybe I am being ridiculous because I am such an over emotional thinker.

I think from what you described, CBT (cognitive behavior therapy) will help you a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->