Feeling very disheartened :-(

willowblossom

Reaction score
So according to my lmp I am 7 weeks exactly today, although this doesn't mean a lot as I have pcos so usually have irregular periods, also I didn't get a bfp until 1 week after missing a period if I go by a 28 day cycle. after having a MC last time I booked in for a private early scan to see how things are progressing,
The sonographer found a gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole. I am just feeling really down now :-( she said it could be too early and I'm booked in for 10 days time for a re scan. Not what I was hoping for today. Has this happened to anybody else to go on to a normal pregnancy? With my second pregnancy at 6 weeks 1 day a fetal pole and heartbeat were found so I'm just fearing going the worst :-(

If you don't know when you ovulated then it's perfectly reasonable to think you are much earlier than you thought , especially as you didn't get a positive until later. I think the fact they saw anything at this point is good! Please don't stress! This is why it's advised against early scans especially if you aren't sure of your dates!!!

I really hope so. I'm trying getting so hard to stay positive but my head won't let me. This is going to be a long 10 days!

All i can say is good luck and I hope for the best.

I've had different experiences with all my kids. At 5+4 I saw Thomas with a heartbeat. At 7+0 with Sophie all we saw was a sac. At 6+3 Emma was there but no heartbeat. All kids are alive an kicking.

Thank you minties that has cheered me up a bit! Trying to stay hopeful!

I went in for my first ultrasound at 9w3d with this pregnancy, and my little embryo only measured 7w5d. 12 days SMALL! I couldn't believe it! That's NEVER happened to me before, and this is my FIFTH baby! I went in a week later, and the baby was measuring 10 days small. I went in a week after that, and the baby was measuring 7 days small. I went in 2 weeks later, and the baby had caught up to dates. I'm now 25 weeks along. If I'd gone in at 6w, I probably wouldn't have seen anything at all! I have PCOS, and my cyles were very irregular when I got pregnant this time - the cycles were anywhere between 28 and 45 days.

Good luck! I'm praying that the next ten days go fast and everything is okay with your baby.:)

With this baby I went in at 6 weeks and they only saw the gestational sac. No yolk sac or fetal pole. She's doing very well right now!! It's most likely that you're just early.

(WILLO0568) let's stay positive. I too have pcos & had experienced & been in ur same shoes. It's better if doctor's don't go poking too much too early. For me pushing it I had a bad outcome. So the second time around I did my best to stay busy until it was time to get checked again & had a beautiful 9.5lbs 22in. Baby boy who's now 5yrs old. Because of the pcos I couldn't believe I was pregnant 2 months ago & again got desperate & its now exactly that 2 months ago I had a D&C. I am sharing my heartfelt story it's held you please be patient with yourself enjoy that you are pregnant and you will be okay. 🙇🙇

And when I found out I was pregnant with my son it was very early and all I saw was the sack with nothing in it but he was there that alone means a lot so congratulations my dear you are pregnant and you will be fine.

Thank you all for your replies. It has been a long 10 days got my follow up scan tomorrow evening. My symptoms have been getting much worse though so that has made me relax a little. Will keep you all posted after the scan tomorrow!

If you didn't get a bfp until a week after 28 day cycle then you are definitely not what you think you are and your scan sounds perfect for gestation. I would be very surprised if it's bad news tomorrow. Xx

Update!! So I had my re scan today and we saw a lovely little bean with a flickering heartbeat! Am so relieved after a lot of worry over nothing! Dated at 7 weeks 1 day so I think I'm due on 4th December. Thanks for all your kind words and support ladies! Xx

Glad you are ok. These early scans can
Sometimes be like early testing cant they :-(

On a happy note though i am so pleased for you! Congratulations and here's to a healthy 9 months xx

So happy for you!!! In the same boat... had a scan at 6+1 and no feral pole seen. Going in again on 26. However I have had no symptoms and the one I did have (breast tenderness) has been receding. Anyway I know it's a sin to be negative right now but I'm absolutely in the pits. Had an mc in dec and constantly my heart tells me to be prepared for the worst. I hope I'm wrong. I conceived on clomid and lmp was 6/March but doc kept saying you have irregular periods so could be early. I don't even know what that means when I know my last date and ovulated on cd 15 cuz of clomid.
Anyway she's not even checking my hcg so I don't know wth is up with not monitoring me as high risk.
I am so TERRIFIED of another blow. Gutted right now and haven't had proper sleep since I saw the Doc on the 17th. Pray for me everyone I feel I'm slipping into depression

I hope your next scan goes well nadyaraza. I know it's so hard but try to stay positive if you can. Fingers crossed for you and keep us posted xxxx

Yayyyyy! Congratulations & thank you for sharing your blessing. We all experience the unthinkable. ..The one thing I learned through this site is that we are never alone. Sister from a different mother 😉 glad to share your happiness Willow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->