feeling weak in the shower!?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
:wacko: im 29 weeks pregnant and the last week or so I have noticed after being in the shower for a couple of minutes I start to feel really weak on my legs and short of breath! its horrible.. it doesn't happen any other time, only when im in the shower.. does anyone else have this or know why it could be? :shrug: xx

Ive had this a few times and fainted once in first tri, i put it down to water being too hot so started using cooler water xx

I agree with pp on the heat. Probably needs turned down...unless you're using cool water and maybe then it's just you standing too long or locking your knees?

If your water is a bit too hot it can change your blood pressure drasticaly realy quickly so that might be why.
I find this happens even when im not pregnant also the steam and heat can make you a bit light headed.
I mafe the mistake of dashing off for a shower about an hour after giving birth and because it was a inclosed cubicle area the steam made me light headed and I nearly passed out.
It was even more stupid of me that I didnt tell the nurses where I was going and only hubby knew but he was busy with the baby.

thanks ladies.. its an enclosed corner cubicle we have and although I didn't find the water too hot, it does steam up in there pretty quickly so maybe that's the cause.. ive only lived in this house 6 weeks and am already missing having a bath! something I totally dismissed when we viewed it and I fell in love with everything else :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->