Feeling weird and nobody is listening to me!!

Kaileymonster

Mammy and bump
Reaction score
about 2 weeks ago I went into hospital with tightenings, seeing spots and abdominal pain. I had all the checks and everything was fine, baby was healthy... they just said it was a mixture of growing pains and me overdoing it (I've been CRAZY nesting and doing far to much)

Then about a week ago, I went for lunch with my mum and LO and I started going dizzy after so went and sat outside. I got in the car and 15 minutes later I couldn't hear or see and projectile vomited EVERYWHERE. I was a bit queezy but completely fine after I'd been sick. I have never once been sick with this pregnancy or with my LO.

Yesterday, the tightenings started again and it felt just like slow labour did with my LO. Now my hands and legs have swollen up and I'm completely exhausted all the time with virtually no appetite.

midwife took my bloods the other day and the results came back that my Iron is low but I'm not massively convinced that that is the reason I feel so ill. I can't use my arms for more than 5 minutes without them going numb.

Just feel so poo and nobody seems to be taking notice that I KNOW something isn't right!

My BP is normally really low and they're saying it's slightly high now, so doesn't that mean it's slightly high for me?:wacko:

I would go back to the hospital hun and have them check you over again. If you don't feel right then follow your intuition. Even if they do tests and say all is well at least you will of put your mind at ease x

Yeah I would see a Dr not just a midwife. I've heard some can get morning sickness 3rd tri and my Dr always asks if I have swelling at every checkup. Seems like symptoms they should kniw about, and help yu with.

get checked again please, this doesnt sound right. i really hope you feel better:)

The vision, dizzyness and spewing sounds exactly like a silent migrain. I get them all the time maybe once a week now before it was once a month. The swelling sounds like it would be due to blood pressure. Migraines are caused by hormones in my case but it could be your blood pressure causing yours. I would go get it checked out Hun x

I'd got to labour & delivery. It sounds a lot like pre-e.

i have the exact same symptoms minus the throwing up, && also been in hosp and mines due to severe anemia which im on b12 injections for:/ also have huge swelling, vision problems , headaches, dizzyness, everything u have described, but if u really dont feel right u shud defo go get seen:)

Sometimes I find if I made a GP appointment I get listened to more than at the hospital, maybe try that, he can always refer you, and maybe he will ring and speak to them it may hold more weight with them, I had alot of problems in my first pregnancy and the GP was great. I tell you who was great also, I'm consultant led and she sent me to APU, it's like for more urgent stuff but not as urgent as accident and emergency, DRs there did every test under the sun on me

about 2 weeks ago I went into hospital with tightenings, seeing spots and abdominal pain. I had all the checks and everything was fine, baby was healthy... they just said it was a mixture of growing pains and me overdoing it (I've been CRAZY nesting and doing far to much)

Then about a week ago, I went for lunch with my mum and LO and I started going dizzy after so went and sat outside. I got in the car and 15 minutes later I couldn't hear or see and projectile vomited EVERYWHERE. I was a bit queezy but completely fine after I'd been sick. I have never once been sick with this pregnancy or with my LO.

Yesterday, the tightenings started again and it felt just like slow labour did with my LO. Now my hands and legs have swollen up and I'm completely exhausted all the time with virtually no appetite.

midwife took my bloods the other day and the results came back that my Iron is low but I'm not massively convinced that that is the reason I feel so ill. I can't use my arms for more than 5 minutes without them going numb.

Just feel so poo and nobody seems to be taking notice that I KNOW something isn't right!

My BP is normally really low and they're saying it's slightly high now, so doesn't that mean it's slightly high for me?:wacko:

How are you feeling today Hun? Did you end up getting checked over? x

Still the same. Going dizzy more and even more swollen and CANNOT get an appointment anywhere!!! not GP or Midwife or anywhere! Just want to cry!!!

I'd honestly go to L&D if you can't get an appointment

I'm going to try the GP again in the morning. If not I'm going to MAC and not leaving until they listen!! :shrug:

I would go in. I can't believe they won't see you! My Dr always accommodates pregnant patients with issues that same day. They squeeze them in. Do you have your Drs voicemail number? I'd try get thru to the Dr not just reception.

Otherwise, I'd go to the hospital.

:cry: "it's all normal pregnancy symptoms and nothing to worry about" - This is what the hospital have said, they won't even see me as their is "no point"

I've gotten worse. I can't feel my arms or legs 99% of the time :cry: :cry: :cry:

Aww hun it really doesnt sound ''normal'' if it continues I would call an ambulance!! Are they checking you for pre-eclampsia? I have all these symptoms and they are checking me for it. If you dont feel right always go and get checked out, its what they are paid for and even if you feel like a nuisence you are doing the right thing for you and your baby :hugs:

^^^ 100% agree!! if u know somethings not right u need to get on at them:( they cant let u suffer:(

ive never heard not being able to feel my arms and legs as a normal preg symptom :wacko:

No, they just keep saying it's normal and my blood pressure might be a bit high! I know what high blood pressure feels like... this is worse!! If i'm not any better tomorrow I'm going to the hospital and I'll just keep saying "I want to speak to whoever is above you" until they listen to me!!!

If your blood pressure is high now and you cant feel your arms etc, please go to hospital as it is not normal and dont leave until you are happy with the outcome :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->