Feels like I was in First Tri five minutes ago!

Nikie

Reaction score
Ah....those first 12 weeks. Checking our knickers every ten minutes for blood....googling every symptom under the sun...thinking that the pregnancy is dragging and wishing the time away....

Cramps - I had bad cramps from the week before my period was due until about 5/6 weeks pregnant. Then again from week 8 to week 10.

Loss of symptoms - I never had morning sickness. I felt queasy and only carbs seemed to help but I was not sick once. This was the one thing I googled most during the first tri!

Feeling not pregnant - my symptoms were minimal but I still felt the loss of them at 10 weeks. Suddenly feeling not at all pregnant and expecting the worse.

The ladies on here were brilliant, particularly during those first 12 weeks when I didn't know what to expect or whether things were 'normal'. I soon realised that the things I worried about are the same things that every women on here worries about! We question every twinge. We want symptoms and then worry when we don't get them. I spent hours on here trying to work out if my pregnancy was progressing 'normally'.

Why am I writing this at 3.19am? Because I am currently feeding my 8 week old daughter 😃 The cause of all that worry 😉 Seeing all you ladies in first tri reminded me of April last year, when I entered first tri and felt like it was taking forever to get to that magic 12 week mark. It really does go so quickly when you look back! I'm looking at my daughter and can't believe that she grew in my tummy! I remember saying 'she's the size of a poppyseed' to my other half!

I guess I want to try and reassure some of you who are perhaps worrying that you don't have symptoms. Or feel like this time is dragging. It really will be ok xxx

Thank you so much for this! It's easy to get caught up in the moment and all the worry!

Congrats on your baby girl!

Thanks Nikie xxx your so right ! I was last here just over 3 years ago and I still worry about all the above 😊 hope your enjoying your lovely baby xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->