Feels like I'm losing both of my babies -_-

sjackson310

Reaction score
I ovulated may 21, and got my bfp on May 31st. Based on ovulation, I should be 7w1d. I work in post partum/l&d so I did 2 ultrasounds myself and had my OB (who I work with) do an ultrasound while at the job as well. We only saw one baby and it had a HB of 116.
Yesterday I was at home and noticed I had pink spotting. I also lost all my symptoms the day before that. So I freaked out and went to my job to do an ultrasound (my insurance still hasn't kicked in, any day now). I saw my baby's heartbeat and it was about 116. I also noticed what looked like a second baby. I had my friend from radiology use her fancy ultrasound and she said I was having twins! But the smaller baby had a heart beat of 55. She said both babies were measuring small (first baby measuring 6w1d and smaller baby 5w6d). I am supposed to be 7w0d at this point. She said the smaller baby's heartbeat would have just started the day prior at 5w5d so she cannot tell if it's so low because it just started beating or if I'm losing it. My other baby has been measuring 5-6 days smaller than I know it is this whole week as well.
I texted my OB and he wants to stop by and do an ultrasound to take a look later tonight but I'm worried. I'm not spotting anymore but I have NO symptoms anymore. And my uterus has this "full pressurey" feeling in it. :/ anyone ever experience this before? I only had very mild symptoms up until 6w5d when they all disappeared.

symptoms do come and go, so i wouldn't worry too much about that. and also baby could have implanted a bit late, and/or you ovulated at the latest time if that makes sense, making baby younger than you think. hope everything is ok. your so lucky being able to scan yourself

symptoms do come and go, so i wouldn't worry too much about that. and also baby could have implanted a bit late, and/or you ovulated at the latest time if that makes sense, making baby younger than you think. hope everything is ok. your so lucky being able to scan yourself

Well I had spotting at 8dpo so I'm assuming I implanted that day. Got my + on 10 dpo and then at 13 dpo my hcg was 58. At 19 dpo it was 1076. I wish my symptoms would come back. I hated getting 2-3 new pimples a day but now I keep checking to see if one has popped up and I haven't :( how pitiful is that.
Scanning yourself is a blessing and a curse lol.

I think a few days behind is fine, especially based on your betas. Seems to me you are possibly a few days less than first thought, and as you know it makes such a massive difference at this stage. I'm not sure about the second little baby, but then again if the heart has just started, it could well be perfect too. When can you get another ultrasound?
Both my successful pregnancies measured a few days behind at 6w, then ended up measuring ahead by 13w!

I think a few days behind is fine, especially based on your betas. Seems to me you are possibly a few days less than first thought, and as you know it makes such a massive difference at this stage. I'm not sure about the second little baby, but then again if the heart has just started, it could well be perfect too. When can you get another ultrasound?
Both my successful pregnancies measured a few days behind at 6w, then ended up measuring ahead by 13w!

Thank you, makes me feel a bit better. I hope the second baby is okay. I just found out about it 12 hours ago so if I do lose the little one I will be sad but the idea is still very new to me. I will be thankful to even just have one. This is stressful! My OB texted me last night to give him a ring sometime this afternoon and he will do an ultrasound.

i hope everything goes well for you hun. it is possible that if you have released 2 eggs one has implanted a little sooner than the other hense making the babies have different dates <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->