fell down the stairs last night..... really worried

shobbs

Reaction score
Ok I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant. But last night I feel down the stairs and landed directly on my tailbone. I've been in absolute agony last night and today with the pain from my tailbone. I've not had any cramps or bleeding

I have a scan on Wednesday. Has anyone experienced this before. I'm really worried

If u not had any bleeding or cramping I'd say ur fine bubs is so far down and well cushioned at this time try not to worry x

Ouch! I did the same earlier this year, while carrying my daughter.
If you aren't cramping or bleeding then it's unlikely you've done any harm. Baby is tucked well inside with plenty of padding, so I wouldn't worry too much. You could always give your midwife a ring, if you wanted.

Sorry about your fall hun. I don't think you need to go hosp unless you start to cramp or bleed, plus your scan is a few days away so you'll be able to make sure everything's ok x

Hay I fell down the stairs when I was 22 weeks pregnant with my second and all was okay I had to go to hospital and get checked out and had to have a shot because I had a high risk pregnancy and am rhesus neg but he was fine

As long as you have no bleeding or severe cramping, I would say you're fine. I had the WORST of luck with my first and was thrown from a horse, and later fell in the shower due to the pain I was already in. I can't begin to describe the massive array of rainbow bruises all over my body, and despite it, it was a perfect pregnancy! Hope you feel better soon!

I did that with my son in my 3rd trimester.. luckily it was only the last 3 stairs so not far and he was fine, I didn't have any bleeding or anything. I think you should call your dr to discuss possibly coming in sooner, just to be on the safe side.

My sil did thus when she was 26 weeks after 7 miscarriages. Scary isn't the word but baby was fine xx

You poor thing!

If you haven't had any bleeding or cramping, I would say the baby is fine. Call your doctor if you're worried, though.

Also take care of yourself and if you're still in agony as you say, get your tailbone checked out. My mom took a fall landing on her tailbone... it wasn't a very far fall, but it was still broken.

Just wanted to say you for all your kind words. I went to peace this morning just to be sure low and behold my little bean was jumping around like nothing was the matter mummy on the other hand can barely stand at all.

I'm so pleased that all is well as I know how lucky I am :)

Sorry to hear about that fall! Hope you feel better soon :) super happy to read your update though :) Best wishes :)

I remember when I was like 6 weeks pregnant, my dog (13 lbs) jumped from the top of the couch right on my lower abdominal.... and I mean right on top of where the baby probably was. All his weight pounding right on my stomach. I even had a little cramping afterwards.. But everything turned out fine. I had a scan about a week and a half later (7.5 weeks) and seen baby and heartbeat ticking away. I think they are really well protected in there. Like others have said , if no bleeding or major cramping try not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->