Female Circumcision

TINA:haha: African tribe with neck rings........??? no i havent ....only seen the ears and lip ones.......i'm strangely interested to see the NECK rings but slightly scared to. x

JUST GOOGLED ^^^^^^........ here is the link if anyone wants to see...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neck_ring

female mutilation needs to stop whether its genital, ears, lips, neck, feet etc etc especially on young children with no say.

Google African neck stretching... Oohya fook! Don't know if I can link on my iPad... Not read the instructions yet ha!! Basically, if these women take the rings off all of their muscles have gone in the neck so it just flops:wacko:

You have given to many what if's. The facts are that they are completely different. I don't know how anyone could answer your question because it's a question based on stuff that isn't true. Female circ isn't cleaner, it doesn't help prevent std's, it is t a religious thing. I find this thread a little weird. You're basically equating a person's decision to circumsized their son with female genital mutilation and that isn't fair. You are from a different culture than I am and we have different views. But you can't lump me into the category of a person who would mutilate their daughter so that she can't enjoy sex. The two things are very very different. Circs are done with anesthesia and there is research that says it has benefits (you can find the opposite I'm sure, but you could also find research on anything if you look hard enough). As women, I don't think we can truly understand this issue. We don't have a penis. My husband is uncircumsized and I gave him the decision about our upcoming son. He chose to circumsized him, and I will back his decision fully.

the neck stretching thing is really dangerous :( hopefully one day these practises will die out like the chinese feet shrinking has.

You have given to many what if's. The facts are that they are completely different. I don't know how anyone could answer your question because it's a question based on stuff that isn't true. Female circ isn't cleaner, it doesn't help prevent std's, it is t a religious thing. I find this thread a little weird. You're basically equating a person's decision to circumsized their son with female genital mutilation and that isn't fair. You are from a different culture than I am and we have different views. But you can't lump me into the category of a person who would mutilate their daughter so that she can't enjoy sex. The two things are very very different. Circs are done with anesthesia and there is research that says it has benefits (you can find the opposite I'm sure, but you could also find research on anything if you look hard enough). As women, I don't think we can truly understand this issue. We don't have a penis. My husband is uncircumsized and I gave him the decision about our upcoming son. He chose to circumsized him, and I will back his decision fully.

j/w but why doesnt you husband get circumcised if he thinks its the best? :shrug: find it a bit odd to subject that on your son when you wouldnt get it done.

j/w but why doesnt you husband get circumcised if he thinks its the best? :shrug: find it a bit odd to subject that on your son when you wouldnt get it done.

Because if it is going to be done, it should be done in the first few days of life before awareness of self is truely developed. It's proven that it is much better to have it done at this time. But also because his mother and father chose to have him not circumsized I guess. I dont think my husband hates not being circumsized or anything, I think he just thinks the other way is better. You can believe any way you want and I can too. I won't force my decision on you. But please don't make rodiculus comparisons like this thread is doing.

I thought it was a good comparison. I can understand NOT getting circ'd, even if you are (that was the case with my husband)...but, if you aren't circ'd...then it seems strange...and I am sorry, i don't mean to pinpoint your post...but just in general. Maybe he would feel differently if he went and got it done...like his newborn son would.

But, I do have to disagree that babies don't have a 'self'. They may not be able to communicate how horrible it is, or remember due to lack of language TO remember...but, let's be serious....let's compare it to ear piercing...that hurts...I think we can all remember how that felt...which is why I won't do it until my daughter's ask me and they are fully aware of the pain involved etc.

Because if it is going to be done, it should be done in the first few days of life before awareness of self is truely developed. It's proven that it is much better to have it done at this time. But also because his mother and father chose to have him not circumsized I guess. I dont think my husband hates not being circumsized or anything, I think he just thinks the other way is better. You can believe any way you want and I can too. I won't force my decision on you. But please don't make rodiculus comparisons like this thread is doing.

There has been studies on babies cortisol levels during circumcisions and they do experience a high amount of stress. i don't believe for a second that they don't feel as much as a grown man does. Just because they can't voice it and don't have the brain capacity to remember it doesn't mean it's not as painful or stressful for them.
I'm not making any comparisons, I've already said I don't think male and female circumcision is on the same level whatsoever but I'm no fan of either.

Well I'm gonna be honest with you guys, I don't have to defend my choices. You are welcome to do what you want with your children. I'd aPpreciate the same respect. I came on here because the OP wanted a pro-circ opinion and I gave it. I'm not gonna be attacked about it. I would never do it without anesthesia and I promise you I love my unborn son every bit as much as a mother could. We're all just trying to do what we think is best. Have a little perspective and realise that what is different from your views isn't always wrong for everyone.

To be frank, this is a debate section. If you don't want to participate then thats fine but people are going to question you on this section, lol. Its nothing to do with lack of respect.

I thought I was participating in a debate on whether tamale circumcision is the same as male. Not whether I'm harming my child. The question was would circ my daughter if I would my son if they were the same.

I dont know if it was the above user who commented in the other thread on a similar vain however I think we can draw common themes.

In the USA it is common to be cir'd and obviously you compare yourself to your peers, in the other thread a user talked about looking along a urinal line and feeling different to his peers. That she didnt want her son to not be 'the norm'. In other countries it is the cultural norm for girls to have their genitalia altered and I think LW mentioned that if they dont have it done they feel un-clean, different from their peers and unwanted by men. Then we have the women in other cultures mutilating thier bodies by putting plates in/stretching the neck.

It all comes down to being the same as your gender peers, to making yourself the most attractive option to a mate. Which is very funder mental in all of humanity, even in the animal kingdom, where penguins build little piles of rocks, yes it isnt self mutilation but it is changing the environment around them to appear more attractive.

What about women in the western world, having their breast cut open to insert PIP implants. That kind of body adjustment has proven potentially more harmful that putting a disk in you mouth. I think the tribes women in these cultures would think western woman were just as odd for having implants put into their breasts, which coluld not only potentially harm the woman but also possibly stop being able to breast feed

Im not saying its all the same, as clearly there are differences in performing surgery on children who cannot consent and adults. However I think there are cultural comparisons to be made

I dont know if it was the above user who commented in the other thread on a similar vain however I think we can draw common themes.

In the USA it is common to be cir'd and obviously you compare yourself to your peers, in the other thread a user talked about looking alone a urinal line and feeling different to his peers. That she didnt want her son to not be 'the norm'. In other countries it is the cultural norm for girls to have their genitalia altered and I think LW mentioned that if they dont have it done they feel un clean and unwanted by men. Then we have the women in other cultures mutilating thier bodies by putting plates in/streaching the neck.

It all comes down to being the same as your gender peers to make yourself the most attractive option to a mate. Which is very funder mental in all of humanity, even in the animal kingdom, where penguins build little piles of rocks, yes it isnt self mutilation but it is changing the environment around them to appear more attractive.

What about women in the western world, having their breast cut open to insert PIP implants. That kind of body adjustment has proven potentially more harmful that putting a disk in you mouth. I think the tribes women in these cultures would think western woman were just as odd for having implants put into their breasts.

Im not saying its all the same, as clearly there are differences in performing surgery on children who cannot consent and adults. However I think there are cultural comparisons to be made

Agreed!! And never thought of it that way! Although with the breast implant think, there's no stigma here which is equal to them not getting it done iykwim?? Wouldn't want to be an African tribes woman though:wacko:

Also ,is it true about an old practice for Jewish Rabbis to use a thumb nail and alcohol to circumcise on babies at birth? Can't remember who told me this, could have been my midwife friend or Jewish friend?!

I'm Jewish, and that is absolutely ridiculous and horrifying. NOT TRUE.

Female circumcision does not exist. It's a form of mutilation practiced by some cultures to make a woman 'marriageable'. I used to work for a charity dealing with women who have been 'circumcised', and, let me tell you, it cannot be compared to male circumcision.

they are both forms of mutilation

mu·ti·late (my t l- t ). tr.v. mu·ti·lat·ed, mu·ti·lat·ing, mu·ti·lates. 1. To deprive of a limb or an essential part; cripple. 2. To disfigure by damaging irreparably:

they are both forms of mutilation

mu·ti·late (my t l- t ). tr.v. mu·ti·lat·ed, mu·ti·lat·ing, mu·ti·lates. 1. To deprive of a limb or an essential part; cripple. 2. To disfigure by damaging irreparably:

A foreskin is a. Not a limb it's skin, b. it isn't essential, c.men aren't crippled I assure you they use their penis's just as much, d._and most American women will tell you it certainly is disfigured, it appears more attractive.

Female genital mutilation damages all hope for sexual pleasure therefor it is essential and cripples them. So so different. I'm out of this debate though because I have debated circumcision about all I want to in 2nd trimester once I had already replied here. Good luck with your children ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->